Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, my wife and I were laughing about the fact NOTG got 3.6 on Internet Movie Data Base and my wife said "that high, dern this must be his biggest one yet." LOL
Here's the conclusion we came to, after seeing all but one of his films. "His ideas for the movies were really great, however he wasn't as good with actually working it out on film, as he did on paper." Plus his "company" of actors/actresses tried their hardest but unfortunately that wasn't their field of expertise. :) There was 1 guy in NOTG, playing a Captain. He was a writer, producer, and stuntman in several successful westerns. Must have paid like $100 dollars for that guy! ;)

You got it!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Instead of watching the debate I used my evening to good advantage by watching Hepburn and Tracy in "Woman of the Year", and "Without Love". I really like Katherine Hepburn, but I ADORE Spender Tracy. The man really knew how to wear a hat.

6741580.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Helpmates-Laurel & Hardy.
Hardy's wife is out of town, and after a party he finds out his wife is coming home early, so he enlists Stanley to help him clean the house before her arrival.
From what I read, this 5 room bungalow was built just for the short, and never used again.

majormajor

One Too Many
A nice English film called The Scapegoat. Ludicrous plot about two guys who are twins meeting up by chance - but looks entertaining:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Carnival of Sinners" (1943) - A film about a cursed/blessed hand in a box that gets passed along from unfortunate soul to unfortunate soul. A rarity on several fronts, first, the film is French, second, it was made during the war and released in 1943. France was occupied at that time. There's no mention of the Nazi, and not a soldier in sight, French or German. I scoured the film for veiled references to the occupation but found none. Only one reference was made to "the war" as a protagonist was missing his left hand when introduced. Well made film and very interesting for what is doesn't say as much for what is says.

Worf

JonnyO

A-List Customer
I'm watching The Stranger right now, Hulu has really been worth its weight in gold when it has come to noirs. I have become a huge fan of Edward Robinson.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm watching The Stranger right now, Hulu has really been worth its weight in gold when it has come to noirs. I have become a huge fan of Edward Robinson.
Robinson was a great actor, and he excelled in the underworld characters.
One his best quotes "Some people have youth, some have beauty, I have menace."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82