Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched 'Croupier' with Clive Owen again last night. That character knows his cards! I really liked the voice-over narration. That usually doesn't work too well in a lot of films.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Quigley Brown said:
I watched 'Croupier' with Clive Owen again last night. That character knows his cards! I really liked the voice-over narration. That usually doesn't work too well in a lot of films.

i saw it too awhile back. interesting film. a little on the dark side.

Jovan

Suspended
sweetfrancaise said:
Yay! I love that movie. Grant is a goof and he's still dreamy...not many can pull that off. Have you seen People Will Talk?
I've seen Arsenic and Old Lace. I was surprised at his range in comedy. I also loved Cary Grant's double breasted and the stylish way he buttoned only the bottom button, letting the soft lapel roll down. The Duke of Kent also did such a thing with his.

People Will Talk was quite good. A little ahead of its time, what with the leading male being nonjudgmental about his love interest's child with another man. I only wish there wasn't that whole rush to get married just to justify the kid... but I guess all movies are products of their times in some way or another!

As far as being a goof and still dreamy, I can think of a few modern men like that...

zaika

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:
Yay! I love that movie. Grant is a goof and he's still dreamy...not many can pull that off. Have you seen People Will Talk?

oooh. no, i haven't seen that one! another movies to put in my netflix queue!

grant really IS dreamy. i will watch anything he's in. it sounds so cliche to like him...but you know a performer is good when he lasts this long! lol

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I've seen Arsenic and Old Lace. I was surprised at his range in comedy. I also loved Cary Grant's double breasted and the stylish way he buttoned only the bottom button, letting the soft lapel roll down. The Duke of Kent also did such a thing with his.

People Will Talk was quite good. A little ahead of its time, what with the leading male being nonjudgmental about his love interest's child with another man. I only wish there wasn't that whole rush to get married just to justify the kid... but I guess all movies are products of their times in some way or another!

Exactly! I was dumbfounded when I first saw the film--I had no idea that something actually covered such a topic at that time. Especially with Cary Grant, who's not as well known for that sort of role.

Jovan said:
As far as being a goof and still dreamy, I can think of a few modern men like that...

Hrm...could you point out a few, Jovan? ;)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Ryan Reynolds and Justin Long for starters.

Oh, Justin Long was adorable in Galaxy Quest. I haven't seen anything else with him...have anything to reccommend?

This guy may reach it...give him a few years. He even has Grant-like mannerisms... (maybe I should put this in the crush thread? :) ).

pacetca.jpg

Oh all right, I'll confess--I finally sucked it up, held my old-Gen1-fanboy (at least according to the circumstantial evidence; I really don't remember) nose and picked up the DVD of Transformers. Didn't really like all the stuff like Prime as longnose, Bumblebee as not-VW, Starscream as F-22, but a lot of it grows on ya... came off like they were trying for the spirit of G1 as if it were being made today.

I know, I've sold out to the popcorn-movie crowd--forgive me, for I have sinned...

Jovan

Suspended
SF: Waiting is another good one, but only suitable if you can stand gross out humour. He's also excellent in Dodgeball and the more recent Live Free or Die Hard.

Feraud

Bartender
Diamondback said:
Oh all right, I'll confess--I finally sucked it up, held my old-Gen1-fanboy (at least according to the circumstantial evidence; I really don't remember) nose and picked up the DVD of Transformers. Didn't really like all the stuff like Prime as longnose, Bumblebee as not-VW, Starscream as F-22, but a lot of it grows on ya... came off like they were trying for the spirit of G1 as if it were being made today.

I know, I've sold out to the popcorn-movie crowd--forgive me, for I have sinned...
I thought the robots were better actors than the humans. :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last night we watched This Film is Not Yet Rated. A few nights ago, Babel. This Film is Not Yet Rated is a must-see for everyone. Well. If you have kids, don't let them watch it if they're young and impressionable, and if they're old enough to watch it, don't watch it with them, because no one likes to watch sexuality with mom and dad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth