Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I was in the mood for something creepy, and I had picked up a used copy of "The Legend of Hell House" for $4 at the Rhino Records Video place in Clairmont (or is it Montclair?).

Some good creepiness and some general weirdness too.

I always lump these together some how because of the titles:

House on Haunted Hill
The Haunting of Hill House
The Legend of Hell House

Boo!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Hotel Rwanda.

Quite a cast, well acted and very moving. It (not too surprisingly) reminded me very much of what I've learned about the Holocaust. I highly recommend it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Just watched The Glass Key. This film might require additional viewings because I was underwhelmed. Ladd's fall through the skylight, Brian Donleavy and William Bendix were were highlights of the film. Veronica Lake was marginally better in this than This Gun For Hire.

I much prefer the Coen's Miller's Crossing.

Miller's Crossing is a modern classic. One of my favorite modern films.

Panache

A-List Customer
Wee Willie Winkie, a Shirley Temple vehicle from 1937 and a fun companion piece to Gunga Din which I recently watched.

Both are dated and have their faults, but they are still well worth watching.

Cheers

Jamie

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Taken" with Liam Whatsisface. Damn good too. Scary thing about it is that this sort of thing really does go on.

V-Sweetheart

New in Town
The Women- They were playing it on TCM because of the new version that just came out. I also have been watching the Kay Francis festival. I taped some, so I think I will go watch Man Wanted as a cinematic opposite (?) to The Women.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
carter said:
Night of the Lepus last night on TCM. Giant killer bunnies on the loose in the great Southwest. :eek:
Too funny. My ex-boyfriend made we watch this one night as half of a double header. The other one was Attack of the Killer Shrews. I hadn't thought about either of these in years...lol

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Kermez said:
Last night I watched The Petrified Forest and The Maltese Falcon.

I've recently discovered "The Petrified Forest" and I have watched it several times. Its a GREAT movie in my opinion. You've got me wanting to watch it again!

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye.
Someone was watching it over my shoulder at work and asked me, quite seriously; "That's season one of The O.C, right?"
Um, no.

Edward

Bartender
Friday night just past, some friends and I went to the Curzon in London's Soho for a Cult Movies night. The screening on this particular occasion was of John Waters' Cry Baby, the 1990 classic set in 1954 Baltimore. I had gone casual, though knowing that my look fit right in (pure drape leather and denim, ya know how it goes...). Ended up having my photo taken for The Guardian as one of the bunch of folks who came "in costume." lol

One girl had dressed as Pepper, complete with fake pregnancy bump (all i got was an enigmatic smile when I asked if she could "fight like a man." ;) ).

Great film - I've watched the DVD to death, but it still had an extra kick on the big screen.

Feraud

Bartender
The King of Kong! A documentary about Donkey Kong gamers competing for the title.
If you think the movie is nutty you need to read the IMDB message boards.
The drama continues... lol

This documentary is exactly the kind of subject a funnyman actor like Will Ferrell would spoof. I hope I didn't give some Hollywood hotshot an idea..

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Yesterday at work... lol
I watched a Foreign movie called "Carol" It takes Place in Spain in the 30's 40's when Franco had just taken over. Its about a young girl that lived in new york city with her mother and was taken back to Spain in the midst of a War.. and she discovers how to take care of herself at the age of 13... its a really wonderful movie.. it does have subtitles in english in case anyone wants to see it :)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
now playing...

The Lost Squadron, a 1932 aerial intrigue about WW1 pilots working in the movies for Erich von Stroheim, who, putting it mildly, is a tough boss (he sabotages Bob Armstrong's plane, killing him). Atmospheric as hell, with great shadows, fiery crashes and taut dialogue.

lostsquadronFR4.jpg

Zowie French poster. RKO would never have allowed anything so Moderne for domestic release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe