Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Black Dahlia (Brian De Palma) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387877/

Adapted from the James Elroy novel. This is the 3rd time I have watched it and it flows better with each viewing, but is still a strange film in a way. The view point in the police investigation fashion of after the fact, where the scenes are reviewed, makes it like watching a train wreck in slow motion, you may want to turn away but your fascination won't let you. The murder from the wealthy mother's view point is just weirdly engrossing.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
I saw Mamma Mia last week. A lot of fun but, whoa, Pierce Brosnan cannot sing!

This week I saw Tropic Thunder. From the various discussion threads I've read, there's no middle ground; you love it or you hate it. I loved it. The premise, the characters, the blend of action, comedy, satire, and exotic locale. I predict it will become a cult classic that I'll have to revisit now and then.

Like UHF.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I happened up on a Great movie " Lost Command " with Anthony Quinn. A great Foreign Legion flick about Indo-china and Algiers. Good study in French Lizard pattern uniforms and equipment. I am suprised how terrorism ( freedom fighting ) hasn't changed through the years.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm watching it right now. Paper Moon on TCM.

So very much of my impression of the 1930s in the Midwest comes from this movie. I was 6 when it came out - I think it imprinted me for life.

paper_moon.jpg

"They got it all...I swallered my gold tooth."

carter

I'll Lock Up
Kermez said:
Loved that movie as a kid!

As an adult, maybe not so much. (But still maybe a very little...)

I probably listened more than watched. It's like old-time radio once you know the plot.

This morning I watched Libeled Lady with Jean Harlow, Myrna Loy, William Powell, and Spencer Tracy.
:)

Feraud

Bartender
Just watched The Glass Key. This film might require additional viewings because I was underwhelmed. Ladd's fall through the skylight, Brian Donleavy and William Bendix were were highlights of the film. Veronica Lake was marginally better in this than This Gun For Hire.

I much prefer the Coen's Miller's Crossing.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Just watched RAFFLES (1930) with Ronald Coleman...shot by the famous Citizen Kane cinematographer Greg Toland. Looked great but it moved kinda slow.

Feraud

Bartender
Brian Sheridan said:
Just watched RAFFLES (1930) with Ronald Coleman...shot by the famous Citizen Kane cinematographer Greg Toland. Looked great but it moved kinda slow.
I only caught the end of this one when TCM was showing their Kay Francis films.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe