Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Yango

One of the Regulars
The new Schott 568 Vandals jacket. Schott has been doing amazing work the last year, View attachment 625800 I think they nailed this one!
Very nice.

I recently picked up a crosszip, and mine does the same thing if I try to zip it all the way up—either the collar splits the zipper, or with the zip all the way up, the collar sits kind of funny.
Is this a normal feature with all crosszips?
IMG_4074.jpeg

unhatted

One of the Regulars
Very nice.

I recently picked up a crosszip, and mine does the same thing if I try to zip it all the way up—either the collar splits the zipper, or with the zip all the way up, the collar sits kind of funny.
Is this a normal feature with all crosszips? View attachment 625880
While some cross zips (e.g. my Cal repro and most British Lewis types) can zip up all the way with the collar turned down shirt collar style, most schotts in my experience can only be fully zipped with the collar ‘popped’, which is good for wind and rain but less versatile!

Yango

One of the Regulars
While some cross zips (e.g. my Cal repro and most British Lewis types) can zip up all the way with the collar turned down shirt collar style, most schotts in my experience can only be fully zipped with the collar ‘popped’, which is good for wind and rain but less versatile!
I thought that it might be something where once the leather breaks in and relaxes that it would sit naturally.

Kind of makes me wonder why they’re made like that.

IMG_4042.jpeg

Very nice.

Zip it up and flip the collar over the zipper. All good motorcycle jackets are made that way.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Very nice.

This gives the lapel different shapes. Some Xzips with dramatic lapel designs don't have zipper going all the way up so there is no choking as the tip can either tuck in or out. But yes a lot of xzips with cool lapels can have this effect when fully zipped (if the zipper goes all the way up). Small price to pay for cooler looking lapels... Most of the time they'd be snapped down anyways.

unhatted

One of the Regulars
IMG_0516.jpeg

Wondering if it is indeed quite particular to Schotts, and indeed Becks, not to fold down when fully zipped up, at least without weird asymmetry. I know schotts have unusually small lapels as compared to other classic cross zip designs, which places the zip further from the shoulder and closer to the neck, which may have something to do with it?

Yango

One of the Regulars
Well, I just learned something new about my jacket.
I noticed a second snap on the lapel, that you can’t see when the lapels are open.
IMG_4042.jpeg

And this is what it’s for.
IMG_4077.jpeg

You can’t see it from the front.
IMG_4079.jpeg

So I can wear it either way, collar splitting the zip or all snapped down. Very cool.

BTW, it’s a Fox Creek Men’s Classic II. The leather and construction are incredible. I know the vents (shoulder & bicep w rear flow through vents) aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s actually the reason I bought the jacket. Air flow on the motorcycle—it’s also got pockets for armor.

Viking752

Practically Family
Well, I just learned something new about my jacket.
I noticed a second snap on the lapel, that you can’t see when the lapels are open. View attachment 626097

And this is what it’s for.
View attachment 626098

You can’t see it from the front.
View attachment 626099

So I can wear it either way, collar splitting the zip or all snapped down. Very cool.

BTW, it’s a Fox Creek Men’s Classic II. The leather and construction are incredible. I know the vents (shoulder & bicep w rear flow through vents) aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s actually the reason I bought the jacket. Air flow on the motorcycle—it’s also got pockets for armor.
I am a fan of Fox Creek, reminds me of my US Made Co jacket and I just bought a Fox Creek Boxcar wallet. Nice quality and well built.
IMG_4482.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I wont get much chance to show this the rest of the year and it’s actually cool enough this evening here to snap some photos.

This is a new-to-me untagged Lost Worlds horsehide Trojan. My first LW and my first horsehide.

It is the tiniest bit too short in the arms for riding and the smallest bit too large in the chest (a little bit restrictive under the arms when zipped) - but it’s definitely doable and I hope it will settle in with some real wear.

Extremely satisfying leather. Unbelievable, really.

I’m off to Southeast Asia for probably the rest of the year, so a proper break-in will have to wait until 2025.

IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2666.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

Last edited:

Denton

A-List Customer
I wont get much chance to show this the rest of the year and it’s actually cool enough this evening here to snap some photos.

This is a new-to-me untagged Lost Worlds horsehide Trojan. My first LW and my first horsehide.

It is the tiniest bit too short in the arms for riding and the smallest bit too large in the chest (a little bit restrictive under the arms when zipped) - but it’s definitely doable and I hope it will settle in with some real wear.

Extremely satisfying leather. Unbelievable, really.

I’m off to Southeast Asia for probably the rest of the year, so a proper break-in will have to wait until 2025.

View attachment 626155
View attachment 626156
View attachment 626157
View attachment 626159
View attachment 626160
Looks great. The chest doesn't look too large to me.

I have one of these jackets and I really enjoy wearing it. The leather is a beautiful shade of black. The shape is somewhat exaggerated. But it works.

My jacket has imperfect sleeves too. The cuffs hit my wrists in the right place, but they don't grip my wrists even when the sleeve zippers are closed, so they tend to ride up. Doesn't bother me that much.

Also (although we're on the outerwear side, not the hat side), I agree with The Shoe that this jacket can look good when worn with a bowler or homburg.

In my experience, Lost Worlds jackets are an incredible deal on the used market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heatshimmer