Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Way too hot for a jacket today, but happily making good use of a Pike Brothers vest in "Salt'n'pepper" fabric. Love it in combination with my Akubra hat and a light shirt.
PXL_20240622_163954860.PORTRAIT.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was a great film. Also a good mix of vintage and repro for the cast jackets. Some jackets looked very new, but this fit story wise (wives and girlfriends in the early years of the club with newly acquired jackets).

They also did a good job of making the repro jackets appear period accurate–of course the MC practice of wearing denim vests over the jacket helped, because that covers up some of the more minor issues that separate modern from vintage (like the zip direction with some makers).

Buick

Familiar Face
As a long-term ‘motorcycle enthusiast’ I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I have the book that was the inspiration for the movie and have already seen from the trailer that they more or less recreated some of those stills with motion and created a story around them, which to me is very impressive. There haven’t been many mainstream movies based around ‘motorcycle culture‘ that have really struck a chord over the years, which is strange really. I’ll be wearing my newly acquired Eastman Roadstar when I go!

Albe64

One of the Regulars
As a long-term ‘motorcycle enthusiast’ I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I have the book that was the inspiration for the movie and have already seen from the trailer that they more or less recreated some of those stills with motion and created a story around them, which to me is very impressive. There haven’t been many mainstream movies based around ‘motorcycle culture‘ that have really struck a chord over the years, which is strange really. I’ll be wearing my newly acquired Eastman Roadstar when I go!
I agree with you. I ride a bike since 1978 and have never seen a "biker movie" this detailed and focused on giving back some meaning to "the community". Danny Lyon's book is super amazing in itself and very peculiar: nobody really cared a lot about the biker's scene outside California and nobody has put too much focus on the early "before gang" bikers world made by passion and time spent riding...I loved also to read true stories of bikers from different MCs partying and riding together. A very good vibe

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with you. I ride a bike since 1978 and have never seen a "biker movie" this detailed and focused on giving back some meaning to "the community". Danny Lyon's book is super amazing in itself and very peculiar: nobody really cared a lot about the biker's scene outside California and nobody has put too much focus on the early "before gang" bikers world made by passion and time spent riding...I loved also to read true stories of bikers from different MCs partying and riding together. A very good vibe

The core old/new before/after note of a biker club that was a social and recreational club of Greasers basically vs the new blood, drugged out and fresh from Vietnam, who want to be criminals was a great vantage point for setting up the narrative.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
The core old/new before/after note of a biker club that was a social and recreational club of Greasers basically vs the new blood, drugged out and fresh from Vietnam, who want to be criminals was a great vantage point for setting up the narrative.
Absolutely....once again "Vietnam" (and all that came after) comes out as a true paradigm shift in so many ways

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Your jackets always look so well taken care of. Can you please share some tips in cleaning vintage jackets? That 46 J24 is just sweet.
I usually give them a whipe down with a damp cloth. For some jackets like this j24 thats all what's needed. Sometimes the leather is clogged with conditioner and I therefore clean it using degreasing fluid. After that I use different products depending on the condition of the leather. When totally dried out I use Obenaufs LP or Saphir beeswax based clear shoe cream. When somewhat stiff but not totally dry I use Tenderly. When dull but not dry or stiff I use Urad.

cbez

One Too Many

Fine creek 42. I'm not a big back seam fan but I think it would age in a pretty cool way

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I usually give them a whipe down with a damp cloth. For some jackets like this j24 thats all what's needed. Sometimes the leather is clogged with conditioner and I therefore clean it using degreasing fluid. After that I use different products depending on the condition of the leather. When totally dried out I use Obenaufs LP or Saphir beeswax based clear shoe cream. When somewhat stiff but not totally dry I use Tenderly. When dull but not dry or stiff I use Urad.

Love it, Your jackets always pop. My jackets do not pop as much as yours. I must say the leather on your j24 is so different than my j24 size 46. But it is a perfect match for my first j24 I got back in 1979. I still have it. keeping it for the next generation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA