Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
Here Schott states the made the jacket sold modeled after the screen jacket
IMG_7401.jpeg

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
The one that schott shows above looks like an original jacket but it’s not the screen used jacket it’s missing the snaps on the upper lapels and the epaulets are missing that stitching mentioned earlier
Maybe the costume dept modeled a new jacket off that original ? And Schott modeled the retail jackets after that with the costume dept?
Either way the jacket is awesome I love it !
( D pocket on Tom’s jackets is bigger than that original Schott posted in the pic)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Yeah I don’t disagree with that. Hard to tell the whole story when you have lightings, effects and all that jazz in the movie. I just saw the trailer and a few pictures from the Net. I haven’t even watched the movie yet for crying out loud.
Saw the movie. Not terrible if you like leather jackets and motorcycles. Plus several of the events took place where i gre up.

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
Can anyone recommend a shop to pick up a replacement belt buckle for the Schott belt for the 568 ? Not digging the roller buckle
Thanks in advance !

Nacho

Practically Family
Saw the movie. Not terrible if you like leather jackets and motorcycles. Plus several of the events took place where i gre up.

So there seems to be two models that Hardy wears. Notice the pocket flap at the D.

This is from the trailer.

IMG_6983.jpeg

This is from Matt Codina’s IG who made the belts for Hardy in this film as Marc posted. We all agree that this one is the OG since the red lining is the dead giveaway.

IMG_7012.jpeg

Any chance you remember which one that you saw in the movie? Maybe both? Or the memory is blurry now?

Can’t wait to see the movie!

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Two very similar jackets. The pocket flaps are definitely different. The collar snaps are in different locations. Additionally, the shoulders do not look as wide as the Herc models. Lastly, look at the size of D pocket. The Hercs and black lining Oakbrooks are huge.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I do remember seeing the Herc with "pipping" finishing D pocket in red lining. The older ones had the nicer front reinforcement and thinner belt loops. If I remember correctly, Dale Walksler also was wearing one during my visit to his museum. I was wearing my wool lined cycle king. He mentioned he had one as well.

Nacho

Practically Family
View attachment 622424
Maybe 2 different jackets used

This one is the OG.

I think they used a different cut of the retail version, i.e. your jacket, for Tom in the trailer because I agree with @Bfd70 , the jacket is quite short since Tom is only 5’9 according to Google. Could be even shorter as actors like to lie about their height. 24” back might look a little long on him but it isn’t the case here. Also yours has the snaps on the upper collar while the one Tom wore in the trailer does not.

And they used the OG Herc for the actual movie. So @Albe64 is right when he said the costume designer mixes the old with the new.

Two very similar jackets. The pocket flaps are definitely different. The collar snaps are in different locations. Additionally, the shoulders do not look as wide as the Herc models. Lastly, look at the size of D pocket. The Hercs and black lining Oakbrooks are huge.

Good eyes on the collar snaps’ location! I see it now.

Nacho

Practically Family
After a deeper look, I believe this picture might be fake.

IMG_7015.jpeg

I rewatched many versions of the trailer, but I couldn’t find this one appear in that very scene. The one that I found in that scene which appears in all the trailers is the OG Herc.

IMG_7014.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7015.jpeg
    IMG_7015.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 30

Yango

One of the Regulars
You should give it a shot. This is my first leather vest and it’s growing on me, easy to wear and comfortable.
Yeah, I should. I used to wear vests all the time (I got my first leather vest for Xmas when I was about 13). That’s one of the reasons I bought the Schott, but I need to get it broken in so it loses the “boxiness”.

Stock photo of the one I have:
IMG_3918.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88