Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Uneklensane66

New in Town
I work in a bldg that the temperature is set by a person in a totally different bldg in a different part of the city so it's often high 60's. I just bought a retro letterman jacket that reminded me of my high school track days. 2 tone contrasting leather with a nice wool sewn in liner. Butter soft and perfect warmth. And being a larger guy it fits perfect in a 4XL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_000114_Temu.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_000114_Temu.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240621_000122_Temu.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_000122_Temu.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 18

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Only people on TFL would notice or care about those details.
Yes, you know....only people that love authentic items and care about details "care about those details"....for all the others mass market is easy to reach with all the marketing fads and copies. We are lucky to have a platform like this, to share our passion

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Turned out there WAS a Sears Dpocket with the bomber or A2 epaulets. Sold by @tmitchell59 a while ago. Pics and vid belong to Terry down below.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/1950-sears-hercules-motorcycle-jacket-40-42.105081/

Looks pretty much similar to the new Schott 568 Bikeriders. A few speculations come to mind!

EDIT: Also with the Oakbrook label

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-history-1949-1963.101311/page-6#post-2701767
Exactly! Yesterday evening I finally went to see the movie and I was absolutely sure to have seen exactly THAT Hercules on FDL...here it is. I know that the costume designer, Erin Benach, did a great job in building several versions of the main jackets but the one that Hardy is mainly wearing IS a Hercules....no Schott at all

Nacho

Practically Family
Exactly! Yesterday evening I finally went to see the movie and I was absolutely sure to have seen exactly THAT Hercules on FDL...here it is. I know that the costume designer, Erin Benach, did a great job in building several versions of the main jackets but the one that Hardy is mainly wearing IS a Hercules....no Schott at all

Interesting! Are you sure? The jacket looks quite “new” from the trailer. Mind you, I haven’t watched the movie yet.

They probably had a specific vintage cut for Hardy alone, while the ones they sell to the public is different from it. I’ll be watching the movie next week so I can see it for myself.

How did you find the movie btw? I’m actually excited to see the jackets and the bikes in it.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Interesting! Are you sure? The jacket looks quite “new” from the trailer. Mind you, I haven’t watched the movie yet.

They probably had a specific vintage cut for Hardy alone, while the ones they sell to the public is different from it. I’ll be watching the movie next week so I can see it for myself.

How did you find the movie btw? I’m actually excited to see the jackets and the bikes in it.
Movie theatre here in Italy....and, yes, pretty sure that Tom's leather is legit and original (I have a 50s Hercules and waiting for another)....nothing to be compared with that new Schott "repro". The costume designer said that he was mixing old legit stuff with new ones heavily customized so...

Albe64

One of the Regulars

In the movie, Tom's leather seems more "waxed" and oiled than new...but of course I cannot say if that is photography/lights/effects or a specific leather treatment to pop the jacket out of the screen...I wouldn't say it seems new, at all

Nacho

Practically Family
@Albe64 I didn’t know they were mixing old and new together. No wonder that jacket looks so good on Hardy lol. I’m now more excited to watch it. Thanks for the intel, friend!

Nacho

Practically Family
You are kindly welcome! If you are into bikes as you are into leather you will be overwhelmed with joy

Haha perfect, that’s exactly what I’m looking for.

Btw, I’m very disappointed with the Italian performance yesterday against Spain. I couldn’t believe that own goal. I picked a draw between them and I lost my money. I know the current team isn’t the Pirlo, Gattuso and Maldini era, but come on Italy, you’re the former champ!!!

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Haha perfect, that’s exactly what I’m looking for.

Btw, I’m very disappointed with the Italian performance yesterday against Spain. I couldn’t believe that own goal. I picked a draw between them and I lost my money. I know the current team isn’t the Pirlo, Gattuso and Maldini era, but come on Italy, you’re the former champ!!!
This is why I went to see the movie...ha ha ha ha ha

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

The one he wears is DEFINITELY not the OTR. His is much shorter

Nacho

Practically Family
The one he wears is DEFINITELY not the OTR. His is much shorter

Yeah I don’t disagree with that. Hard to tell the whole story when you have lightings, effects and all that jazz in the movie. I just saw the trailer and a few pictures from the Net. I haven’t even watched the movie yet for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Indoor crafting with my jackets today. Dyed one bleached out nightmare and I let the sleeves out of this pure 70’s Lakeland. It’s sheepskin, so it’s the height of flimsy and fragile feeling but I absolutely love the cut and color. The back is atomic wedgie short. 23” back is just a tough nut to crack but it has an absurd (and essential) 3” drop.
IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6780.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg

I think I’ll rivet up the sleeve cuffs and give it a little more flair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth