Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Al 916

One Too Many
No Leather Jacket on my walk this morning.

Nope, promise, nothing to see, walking on.............

1000014821.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many
60 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday... 30 degrees this morning. I can't stand it. Wore an A2 yesterday, Shearling lined ThunderBay and gloves today!!!!

View attachment 503067

Umbreyago! These are the conditions that prevail!

Worf

I am thinking ahead to winter (and summer still not really here in the shires)
This is the best looking Thunderbay I have seen Worf, how does it wear? and how did you size it please?

Buick

New in Town
For those interested from upstatestyleguy on IG yesterdays bike riders event at Schott nyc
View attachment 622067 View attachment 622068 I View attachment 622069 View attachment 622070

Would be very interested to hear more of people’s impressions and thoughts on this one. Seems like a good opportunity to buy what is effectively a vintage replica jacket of a type most of us would not be able to find a good example of in the wild, for a reasonable price, and new. I get the impression that the design of the back will be divisive, but I like the touch of western style. Weigh in!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Would be very interested to hear more of people’s impressions and thoughts on this one. Seems like a good opportunity to buy what is effectively a vintage replica jacket of a type most of us would not be able to find a good example of in the wild, for a reasonable price, and new. I get the impression that the design of the back will be divisive, but I like the touch of western style. Weigh in!
I think it's a great looking jacket, imo the nicest 'new' Schott style released in a while.

Somehow it looks a lot more 'relaxed' and natural than the Y2 HR - 55 which is also a Hercules copy by made by the Japanese.

IMG_1914.jpeg
IMG_1913.jpeg

I think it's a great looking jacket, imo the nicest 'new' Schott style released in a while.

Somehow it looks a lot more 'relaxed' and natural than the Y2 HR - 55 which is also a Hercules copy by made by the Japanese.

View attachment 622132 View attachment 622133

I agree and I do really like the Schott. It’s based on a classic. Still would go Aero given the choice of hides. This Y2 hide is visually more appealing to me.

I would add that the original Herc/Oakbrook/CSC/RW MC jackets these are modeled after are not difficult to find in great condition in all range of size for generally much less money. You’ve got at least one right? I’ve still got one (RW) and have owned 3 or 4 others.

Mysteryo

One Too Many

View attachment 622132 View attachment 622133
The HR 55 by Y2 is a veg tanned HH, so it's stiffer and has more solid aspect than the schott's repro. It doesnt look as "relaxed" of course.
I'm curious about this Schott's Dpocket, but to be honnest I find their cowhide soooo boring, though it looks comfortable to wear.
What I find awfull is the choice they made for the buckle of the optional belt: It looks so cheap!
Its a marker in my search for quality leather jackets, the first thing I unconsciencely look at, when I see that kind of buckle i know its a cheap jacket. I dont understand why Schott wouldnt install one of their signature mitter buckle on this model.
also and as a final point, I think the D pocket is oversized, comparing to an original Hercules.
Ok I stop mumbling, its an interesting repro anyway.
;-)

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
but to be honnest I find their cowhide soooo boring,
I fully agree but they use different (more premium) hides for these limited edition runs. I didn't handle this particular hide but I have handled other limited edition cowhide Schott's and I was surprised how nice some of them were.
What I find awfull is the choice they made for the buckle of the optional belt: It looks so cheap!
Lol, they should fire the person who decided to go with a roller buckle. A roller buckle is THE signifier for the worst of the worst 80s junk.

IMG_1915.gif

IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg

Buick

New in Town
I agree and I do really like the Schott. It’s based on a classic. Still would go Aero given the choice of hides. This Y2 hide is visually more appealing to me.

I would add that the original Herc/Oakbrook/CSC/RW MC jackets these are modeled after are not difficult to find in great condition in all range of size for generally much less money. You’ve got at least one right? I’ve still got one (RW) and have owned 3 or 4 others.

I honestly did not know that the originals would be relatively obtainable - this is new territory for me having previously only had old Schott Perfectos in a ‘biker’ style (118, 618 and 618hh).

I did get something special in the post today though…

It's bigger / longer because they added two or three inches to the overall body length. To keep everything in proportion they had to blow up / stretch out the D pocket as well.

View attachment 622144

In case anyone is looking- Some of the RW versions are longer than other versions. By an inch or two in the ones I owned. I haven’t looked but most likely still not as long as the Schott repro.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Really Jaunty jacket - the BLUE is a great color and the slacks/trousers work to bring deserved attention to a standout jacket.

Yeah, the colour is definitely „blue enough“ to demand attention, but it still works as a daily driver.
I am always tempted by LL‘s turquoise or vintage turquoise, but I don’t think I’d wear something like that enough to justify the pricetag.

Took the jacket to an overnight offsite and got some favourable comments from some rather conservative fellows.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Yeah, the colour is definitely „blue enough“ to demand attention, but it still works as a daily driver.
I am always tempted by LL‘s turquoise or vintage turquoise, but I don’t think I’d wear something like that enough to justify the pricetag.

Took the jacket to an overnight offsite and got some favourable comments from some rather conservative fellows.
Yes, the jacket is a tasteful BLUE - nothing too loud or outlandish and the fit only adds to its allure. Money well spent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth