Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

SJC

Suspended
Why replace it then?

These jackets are very nice but don't have much of a following, not like Buco, Californian, Schott, etc. so most people won't either care / notice if you replace the lining or not.
Yeah, instead of buying a new lining I could put that money towards the Himel Bros Pinecrest model I want .

Yeah, instead of buying a new lining I could put that money towards the Himel Bros Pinecrest model I want .

...or go for the original. :3

bates%2B1.JPG

bates%2B2.JPG

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Just a heads up, my local Goodwill is shifting the fall/winter jackets and coats onto the floor today. After a summer long absence. I picked up/wasted my money on (opinions may differ) this one today.
DSCN4192 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And I want to conduct a poll,
DSCN4198 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Should I leave it alone, or make it say crappers, or crap or rappers or? Ha ha.
DSCN4202 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4205 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4199 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Cotton duck, side adjuster straps, bi-swing, corduroy collar, blanket lining, made in the USA and sized a 38R. I'm thinking about waxing it and pairing it with my waxed cotton pants for my cool weather briar and burr proof woods walking/mushroom hunting outfit.

Michael

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Just a heads up, my local Goodwill is shifting the fall/winter jackets and coats onto the floor today. After a summer long absence. I picked up/wasted my money on (opinions may differ) this one today.
Cotton duck, side adjuster straps, bi-swing, corduroy collar, blanket lining, made in the USA and sized a 38R. I'm thinking about waxing it and pairing it with my waxed cotton pants for my cool weather briar and burr proof woods walking/mushroom hunting outfit.

Michael

Seems the jacket is ruined with that embroidery on the right breast. Otherwise, it wouldn't be bad at all.

- Ian

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Fortunately the mushrooms can't read. I've taken embroidery off of wool melton before. I'm thinking it would probably work for duck too. It was about a 20 minute job to remove one about that size. Just looking at the jacket for clues now, but I don't think it's been worn.

Michael

Michael

You must have the best Goodwill ever... I've been wanting a Carhartt forever. Shouldn't be a problem taking the embroidery off.

thor

Call Me a Cab
IMG_8891.JPG
"Action" shot of my Excelled G-1 in the ship's pilot house. Rainy, chilly, windy, mini-Nor'easter today. I've added an orange safety "ditch" whistle and loaded the pockets with a Swiss Army knife, Ray Bans, Chapstick, wallet, iPhone and other essentials and now this is my "official" work jacket.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
You must have the best Goodwill ever... I've been wanting a Carhartt forever. Shouldn't be a problem taking the embroidery off.
I'm not an enormous fan of Carhartt, but I did like the features and cut of this one. A lot of Carhartt that shows up is in a very well used state.

The Goodwill here runs hot and cold. But one of the times it can tend to be hot is when they change over the seasons. I think they've been storing up some of the best stuff that came in over the summer and now it'll come out on the floor. The downside is there is a market for jackets now, or soon will be, so if you see something nice you have to go full price on it. In the late spring before they clear the floor there isn't much demand so you can leave the items to age and pick them up for half price or even 88 cents. The real issue with Goodwill is that now they put a lot or most of the really good stuff on there online auction site. That sucks for the local buyer.

Michael

Reactions: A-1
Fortunately the mushrooms can't read. I've taken embroidery off of wool melton before. I'm thinking it would probably work for duck too. It was about a 20 minute job to remove one about that size. Just looking at the jacket for clues now, but I don't think it's been worn.

Michael
Why remove it? I got a really cool Carhartt jacket (Santa Fe I think) that has a Shell Oil patch and some dudes name on the other side (also a patch). It's worn, but I find it to be a cool piece! Anyone can buy a Carhartt at the Home Depot or eBay, I like the ones guys wore a bit - and if they have "work" patches even better!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Why remove it? I got a really cool Carhartt jacket (Santa Fe I think) that has a Shell Oil patch and some dudes name on the other side (also a patch). It's worn, but I find it to be a cool piece! Anyone can buy a Carhartt at the Home Depot or eBay, I like the ones guys wore a bit - and if they have "work" patches even better!
I'm not totally averse to them, particularly if they are interesting. This one seems to be from a Spike Network comedy reality show about junk men in Brooklyn that aired in 2010. Go figure. And the jacket seems to be the Detroit model.

handymike: your post didn't show up in my update right before I started my post. I was wondering if they were from crew or a fan thing or what. A crew thing is more interesting. Thanks.

eta: Curiouser and curiouser, that is a different show than the one I found, and set in a different country it seems. I think given the Hoosick Falls Productions on the jacket it is from the Brooklyn set show that ran in 2010. The British show is from Liberty Bell Productions, which does in itself hint at a US connection I guess.

Michael

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe