Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Working On Today?

RickP

Practically Family
I did get the ribbon sewn on the Navy blue Sovereign last night, Did some brim straightening and brim blocking overnight ( got a little snap up in back and down in front now).Gave the liner a woolite bath. Liner still looked pretty grungy after wash, but when it dried it no longer looked like greasy parchment paper, and has an even gold/ creme tint. Still has a nice satin sheen and the liner imprinting survived. Just need a bit of wrinkle steaming before I call it done. SO... Had to find a blue shirt to go with it outside. Really happy with how its turning out... To bad it has an under welt brim edge.... this one would look great with a brim edge binding that matched the ribbon

Compress_20241014_082608_8688.jpg
Compress_20241014_083051_1908.jpg

I did get the ribbon sewn on the Navy blue Sovereign last night, Did some brim straightening and brim blocking overnight ( got a little snap up in back and down in front now).Gave the liner a woolite bath. Liner still looked pretty grungy after wash, but when it dried it no longer looked like greasy parchment paper, and has an even gold/ creme tint. Still has a nice satin sheen and the liner imprinting survived. Just need a bit of wrinkle steaming before I call it done. SO... Had to find a blue shirt to go with it outside. Really happy with how its turning out... To bad it has an under welt brim edge.... this one would look great with a brim edge binding that matched the ribbon

View attachment 646682 View attachment 646681
Looks great. Nice job!

RickP

Practically Family
Several days ago I removed a crunchy cellophane liner top on a nice little 3x Open Road. When I removed the faded, crunchy not-so-clear part, it became evident that whomever had it before me had reblocked the hat at about a 10% angle off center. ( guess they were in a bit of a hurry). Didnt really affect how it wore, but everytime I looked inside it, it bugged me to see the ribbon in back about an inch and a half to the left, and the "Open Road" imprinting in front an inch and a half to the right of center.

20241002_133430.jpg

So today I couldnt stand it anymore... I fired the steam up and softened everything and re-blocked the crown back to square where it should be. No wonkiness in the brim and no funny dimples on the crown... SUCCESS!. Not a horribly big deal, but now its fixed. Thank goodness for nice soft felt that shapes well. Lots simpler than pulling the sweatband out and re-sewing it back in the correct orientation lol.. A bit miffed to also find that the liner is actually glued in at the bottom of the liner, and its a few degrees off center still.... Ill deal with THAT another day. Looks the same on the head now , but I no longer have that little gnawing irritation I felt everytime I looked inside it. Time to go light the firepit, make a big Mojito, and celebrate a minor success.

Compress_20241017_175113_3328.jpg
Compress_20241017_175114_4247.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider