Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DonR

A-List Customer
Today is a dark Browns(s) Dobbs Hanover Square .

1000005954.jpg

1000005955.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many
By now most of y'all know that I'm crazy about these long hair type hats, no matter if they are large brim, stingy brim or western style hats. Today's choice is this Stetson Twenty Five Gun Club that came to me battered and beaten up with a cattlemen crease. I brushed it good, steamed it then gave it this Gus style crease because that's what the hat was telling me. Sometimes ya just gotta listen.lol.
Hope y'all have a good 'un !

View attachment 644938 View attachment 644939 View attachment 644940 View attachment 644941 View attachment 644942
Very nice, Timmy, and yes, ALWAYS listen to the hat!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
We gave up on the car show, the persistent drizzle ruined the day, a shame given all the voluntary work that goes into organising such an event. Off to lunch at The Monmouth Ash now.
That's very disappointing, to be sure. Hopefully the lunch helped ease the hurt; the MA certainly looks like a fun (and tasty) place to dine!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Yesterday I wore a freshly steamed Stetson Playboy.

i-bccFkqT-M.jpg

i-2gkQMRb-M.jpg

i-CWCCbRk-M.jpg

A Sunday soirée wearing a Gannon Wanderer (steel gray beaver).

i-nhR742m-M.jpg

i-XJhQZTw-M.jpg

Morning coffee while sport'n a Gannon Wanderer (granite beaver felt).

i-7swhmgB-M.jpg

i-rSRPHFq-M.jpg

A visit to the hardware store under another Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly beaver felt).

i-hd99JNm-M.jpg

i-kRc9SNz-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
A Grand Slam of gloriously gorgeous goodies!!!! As always, thanks for sharing, Eric!

RickP

Practically Family
Beautiful bright sunny, breezy day here in East Texas. Have the air conditioner turned off and all the windows open to air the house out. Enough wind that there are no bugs flying. Think this is going to be a good day to just sit out on the patio with a pina colada or 4 and try out a few new pipe tobacco blends a buddy gave me this morning. I pulled pipe maintenance on several nice older Petersons yesterday... time to get them dirty again.

This morning I pulled another of the cowboy conversions off the wall. Nice little 4x beaver Stetson. Once a typical 3-1/2" brim western trimmed and reshaped into a 2-1/2" brim. Now has an Open Road-ish / fedora-ish vibe. Lots of cowboy hats often have a taller crown that lends itself well towards a taller 30's-40's style tribute hat. Moderate weight feIt that's going to be a nice cooler weather dress hat ( whenever cool weather gets here.... weather guy says low 50s in the morning next week!). Still on the fence as to whether this one needs a ribbon binding on the brim.... I'm leaning towards yes.

The conversion projects are a great way to end up with a nice hat on the cheap. (And learn how to do some things without worrying about messing up an expensive hat) My plans are for one of the future projects is to pounce the heck out of a hat to end up with more of a thinner dress weight flt.. thinking of stripping a hat down, and turning it inside out so I can thin the crown felt without doing as much disruption to the finished outer surface. Also going to to an alcohol bath to get rid of some stiffeners / Shellac. I usually do Ribbon brim binding on these so a softer brim will hold its shape just fine. I also like softer felt in the crowns. ( softer more natural shaping rather than the cookie cutter pressed modern hats). Ive also found that these baths often get rid of most of the coloring modern powders and leave a nice natural color thats not usually found in the western wear store. I have enough fall / winter weight hats... time to make some thinner/ lighter ones lol

Compress_20241006_111354_4522.jpg
Compress_20241006_112240_0431.jpg
Compress_20241006_111354_4078.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalterKrieg72