Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RickP

Practically Family
Another bright sunny day with low humidity and somewhat cooler temps today. Perfect day to bring my own shade along with a 60's OR.

My Brother and Sister in Law came up this weekend to help finish sorting out things that we cleared out of Dads Tennessee house last year ( It all ended up piled up in one of my guest rooms) Couple long days of work and then we had the chance to relax on the patio and entertain the dog. Ive been trying to get the brother to start wearing brimmed hats again instead of baseball caps, but he was down to a couple of rather ratty/ floppy wool felt hats and one 2 acre American Maxifelt cowboy hat from his high school days on the 70's. With his birthday coming up in a couple weeks I walked him over to the hat wall and told him to pick out a couple that he liked. Took him an hour but he finally narrowed it down to three lol. ( I have to admit I was sweating when he was looking at Open Roads and Stratoloners lol) Told him if he promised to wear then to just take all three. Personally I think it was a great birthday present. A perfect use for spare hats. He got a good education on fur felt hats, and went home with an older Stetson Gun club, A new Stetson Weekender, and one of my black Akubra Bogarts. Hes happy and I have more wall space for new hats!

This is the third time in the last few months Ive given hats away. Its a nice feeling to help someone else start their own hat addiction!

View attachment 638416
Was looking at the hat wall and putting things back where they belong... realized that my brother DID opt for for the Moose River over the Gun Club at the end lol... Better choice for him lol. Should be his " Sit around with the hood open at the car show" hat lol

Struggling to keep pace with the ongoing magnificence here at the last week of straw season is the Goodman Cavanagh. (Benny was a fan of this model, I was a fan of Benny).

IMG_5699.jpeg IMG_5720.jpeg IMG_5704.jpeg IMG_5722.jpeg IMG_5723.jpeg IMG_5725.jpeg IMG_5730.jpeg

Have a productive week!

VoodooSan

One Too Many

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 638280
It gets tougher to choose every week Stefan. Got to go with the Strat though. One day I might just treat myself to the original, meantime, Esther's Strat-a-like will have to do.
Gamble & Gunn's classic is today's choice for church. Speaking of which, I must get a move on.
View attachment 638281
Awesome! When it comes to fashion, you're hard to beat!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I'd kinda like to have one of those Feds. I like the profile of that one.

Thanks Terry!

But you don’t have a FED IV? That’s surprising with your fantastic and very thorough collection. Over on the Akubra Overload thread, we are waiting impatiently for the Hattery to make some announcement about the Federation. Maybe a FED V?

I sure hope your back is less argumentative these days!

Looking good Charlie. Looking good! You've got that Sinatra coolness going on!
Thank you kindly, Terry. I’ll never look as young as you, though, my friend!

About 15 yrs back I popped a couple of discs in my lower back. 4 spinal Surgeons told me they could help me. The most highly credentialed of the lot told me that if PT was helping “even a tiny bit” he recommended continuing that route. He also told me what to watch out for so to avoid further trouble, so I did that and made steady progress. Then I found this small book. I’ve turned enough people onto this info that I should get a commission, but I’m happy to help.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/treat...YAyABEgI2HfD_BwE#idiq=4678893&edition=2297617

PM me with any questions!

RickP

Practically Family
One final nice cool morning and nice weather today. (58 degrees this morning shooting up into mid 85 or so today) Tropical depression in Gulf is expected to become a Tropical Storm today and a Hurricane by tuesday night... and its heading this way! Crossing the fingers it will stay on path and pass just a little east of here, but it will be close enough for us to get some nasty rain and wind tuesday and wednesday. Going to be warm and wet for a few days... Generators all ready, chainsaw is ready, and Im all stocked up on Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and cigars. Well call it a hurricane party and not worry about it.

So sticking with the tropical theme, how about a nice Paradise Found Star Orchid and an Open Road. Once the weather turns, Ill plan on trotting out the Akubras for a couple days

Compress_20240909_073046_6582.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1