Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Good morning. I have been catching up on 14 pages of posts. To a one I have enjoyed the posts. You folks have been sport'n some very fine lids!

I have had work commitments and a mountain escapade that has pulled me away from sharing. Here are some hat pics to share.

Not all moments can be fedoras. Yes I do sport a ball cap for the appropriate soirée.

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

A VS fedora. This is a Stratoliner inspired fedora made with dove beaver felt.

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

A Stetson Stratoliners in different hues.

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

A Stetson Fifteen w/Mode Edge.

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
What an array!

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
The calm after the storm (the typhoon wasn’t half as bad as expected). Very pleasant outside, wearing the Akubra Blue Mountains. I find this one an awkward one in my collection. I wanted a big brim and I love the hat band with the feather. I like the hat a lot, but it’s difficult to find a place for it. With the deep dip front and back, it’s not one for going out.. I already have a couple of Akubras for the garden and barbecue. I do barbecue a lot, so maybe it goes into the barbecue rotation.
IMG_2722.jpeg
IMG_2734.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Good morning. I have been catching up on 14 pages of posts. To a one I have enjoyed the posts. You folks have been sport'n some very fine lids!

I have had work commitments and a mountain escapade that has pulled me away from sharing. Here are some hat pics to share.

Not all moments can be fedoras. Yes I do sport a ball cap for the appropriate soirée.

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

A VS fedora. This is a Stratoliner inspired fedora made with dove beaver felt.

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

A Stetson Stratoliners in different hues.

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

A Stetson Fifteen w/Mode Edge.

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
Serious lineup of hats, Eric!
Especially like the many pearl and dove grays this week! Glad you had a good vacay and glad you’re home safe!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The calm after the storm (the typhoon wasn’t half as bad as expected). Very pleasant outside, wearing the Akubra Blue Mountains. I find this one an awkward one in my collection. I wanted a big brim and I love the hat band with the feather. I like the hat a lot, but it’s difficult to find a place for it. With the deep dip front and back, it’s not one for going out.. I already have a couple of Akubras for the garden and barbecue. I do barbecue a lot, so maybe it goes into the barbecue rotation.
View attachment 636564 View attachment 636565
That one suits you a lot, mate.

If you're not going to wear it out, then it's a perfect rotation hat for putting an extra shrimp on the barbie :cool:

wsmontana

A-List Customer
That would be a great hat for Tenkara!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Hello friends,
It has been a very busy two weeks for us in Melaka. I leave here on Tuesday for two months of intense physical therapy in Thailand; but before I go, I'd like to share what we've been up to this last fortnight.

Every year we have a performance art festival in Melaka. Most of the performers are from Australia but we also have many from Indonesia and also local Malaysians. This year we had something like 70 artists taking part (counting musicians).

Usually I perform, but my health has kept me from it this year, though it has been a real blessing to be in the audience. Most of the performances are dance/movement oriented. We have a number of sites around the old town in Melaka where artists can choose to perform. Some of them use spoken word elements and one duo performed a short theater piece. We also had a handful of purely musical performances. Tonight we will end the festival with a 2-3 hour production where all artists will take part, called "Eulogy for the Living."

For the event, I finally broke down and purchased a cheap straw hat. You can see it in the first photo. It is just too hot and humid out to be attending performances all day in the Fed IV. I don't care too much for the design of the hat at all, but it works for what I need and it cost all of $2.50 US. The second photo is of me dancing at one of our venues in the Fed IV.

I am also including just a very very very small sample of photos from the event to give you a taste of what it is like. Every year the festival produces thousands of professional photos - I chose most of these from photographers who signs their photos, but I could have randomly chosen many others of just as good or even better quality. The photos that aren't signed are my shots.

I don't know another festival of this kind in the world (though I know they exist), but I have been part of this one since 2011 and am very blessed to be here again this year.

Happy Sunday friends.
me in straw hat with sage leslie and din.jpg

me dance baboon.JPG

feifei with watermelon.jpg

deden with head.jpg
sam in ruins.jpg
wojak in ruins.jpg
galih at baboon.jpg
yuki at baboon.jpg

Kiki at ruins.jpg

baboon house art.jpg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It was the brim that caught my attention, then I read, "I like the hat a lot, but it’s difficult to find a place for it." That's me, but not hats. I have a wardrobe full of Hawaiian shirts, which I do my best to rotate, but inevitably some are more favourable.
Striped shirt 006.JPG

For church this morning the bespoke Gamble & Gunn stone grey.
Do you like the bow tie? Tina made it from an off-cut of one of
those Hawaiian shirts. It got a few smiles at church.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
It was the brim that caught my attention, then I read, "I like the hat a lot, but it’s difficult to find a place for it." That's me, but not hats. I have a wardrobe full of Hawaiian shirts, which I do my best to rotate, but inevitably some are more favourable.
View attachment 636796
For church this morning the bespoke Gamble & Gunn stone grey.
Do you like the bow tie? Tina made it from an off-cut of one of
those Hawaiian shirts. It got a few smiles at church.
I’ve obviously seen a few of your Tina-made Aloha shirts. In fact I’ve been inspired to look for a nice aloha shirt for myself. I haven’t had much luck finding one that speaks to me. After hearing about Tina’s difficulty with staying still, I actually thought that maybe she’d like to sit down at the sewing machine and make one for me! I’m sure there are some other Loungers that would be interested in her handiwork.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Hello friends,
It has been a very busy two weeks for us in Melaka. I leave here on Tuesday for two months of intense physical therapy in Thailand; but before I go, I'd like to share what we've been up to this last fortnight.

Every year we have a performance art festival in Melaka. Most of the performers are from Australia but we also have many from Indonesia and also local Malaysians. This year we had something like 70 artists taking part (counting musicians).

Usually I perform, but my health has kept me from it this year, though it has been a real blessing to be in the audience. Most of the performances are dance/movement oriented. We have a number of sites around the old town in Melaka where artists can choose to perform. Some of them use spoken word elements and one duo performed a short theater piece. We also had a handful of purely musical performances. Tonight we will end the festival with a 2-3 hour production where all artists will take part, called "Eulogy for the Living."

For the event, I finally broke down and purchased a cheap straw hat. You can see it in the first photo. It is just too hot and humid out to be attending performances all day in the Fed IV. I don't care too much for the design of the hat at all, but it works for what I need and it cost all of $2.50 US. The second photo is of me dancing at one of our venues in the Fed IV.

I am also including just a very very very small sample of photos from the event to give you a taste of what it is like. Every year the festival produces thousands of professional photos - I chose most of these from photographers who signs their photos, but I could have randomly chosen many others of just as good or even better quality. The photos that aren't signed are my shots.

I don't know another festival of this kind in the world (though I know they exist), but I have been part of this one since 2011 and am very blessed to be here again this year.

Happy Sunday friends.
View attachment 636641
View attachment 636640
View attachment 636638
View attachment 636637 View attachment 636642 View attachment 636643 View attachment 636639 View attachment 636644
View attachment 636647
View attachment 636636
Looks amazing, Nathan—wish I could join you! Good luck with your P/T.

Hello friends,

Happy Sunday friends.
View attachment 636641
View attachment 636640
View attachment 636638
View attachment 636637 View attachment 636642 View attachment 636643 View attachment 636639 View attachment 636644
View attachment 636647
View attachment 636636
How very cool. Thanks for sharing, Nathan. I hope the next few weeks will be therapeutic.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Hello friends,

Happy Sunday friends.
View attachment 636641
View attachment 636640
View attachment 636638
View attachment 636647
View attachment 636636
I've been curious about how things were going for you Nathan. Nice to see pix from a land far far away. Hope the PT does ya good.. Thanks for the update

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
This morning's pick is from Lamson Hubbard out of Baltimore. Dove Gray with matching brim edge binding and grosgrain ribbon hatband. The unreeded sweatband is nice too. I especially like how they did the brim binding as it is wider on the top side than the bottom.
This hat caught my eye the other day, mostly because of the "Whippet-ness"
( not sure you'll find that in the dictionary. lol. ) I had never seen a hat from these folks but a little research here at TFL tells me they have been around a very long time.

20240901_082252.jpg
20240829_121856.jpg
20240829_121835.jpg
20240829_121919.jpg
20240829_122008.jpg
20240901_084816.jpg
20240829_170852.jpg

Last edited:

RickP

Practically Family
Thanks to TimmyV for the inspiration! Yesterday I picked up a nice 2 gal stoneware whisky jug for a hat display . A local guy collects Texas Whisky jugs but this one had no markings but the 2 gal mark and he didnt want it. Got it for a good price and I didnt have to pay shipping. Looks cool by itself, but looks great with a hat on to. I dug out a piece of mahogany and made a little platform for the crown to sit on.. Now I can see the whole jug when a hats there!

Compress_20240831_105233_3252.jpg
Compress_20240831_105232_2902.jpg
Compress_20240901_081234_4961.jpg
Compress_20240901_081234_4397.jpg

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Thanks to TimmyV for the inspiration! Yesterday I picked up a nice 2 gal stoneware whisky jug for a hat display . A local guy collects Texas Whisky jugs but this one had no markings but the 2 gal mark and he didnt want it. Got it for a good price and I didnt have to pay shipping. Looks cool by itself, but looks great with a hat on to. I dug out a piece of mahogany and made a little platform for the crown to sit on.. Now I can see the whole jug when a hats there!

View attachment 636826 View attachment 636827 View attachment 636824 View attachment 636825
Sweeeeeeet !! Great minds think alike.lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42