Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Old Dobbs

IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg

The new-to-me Knox 15 made a pretty decent turn around yesterdy. Its making the morning coffee shop run with me today. After blocking and some brim flange work, The brim is behaving, and the crown convinced me that its happiest with a center dent on top and more of a side dent rather than a front pinch. it holds its shape well for a nice soft hat. No stiffener on this one! Its got a few character spots, but they are tolerable. Its a really comfortable hat to wear.

Ill fit a new liner inside, and eventually will need to at least restitch the sweatband (every time I put it on my head I hear another rotted thread pop. Sweat has obviously shrunken a bit as theres about a 1/4" gap in the back between the ends of the sweatband. Im honestly seriously thinking of just replacing the sweatband. There are several rough looking edges and spots, and the reed is sticking out over about three inches where the rolled over edge of the sweat is just gone. Doesnt show when Im wearing it, so for now I just wont take it off in public lol . Kind of thinking if the sweat gets replaced, I may recycle the gold embossed Knox 15 logo and move it up into the center of the new liner. New liner is unmarked, and this would be a cool way to see what it was originally.

View attachment 636185 View attachment 636187 View attachment 636184 View attachment 636182 View attachment 636186
Well done Rick.

To, Voodoosan,The Shoe, Story PNW, Blare, hatsRme, RBH, Bob Hufford, TimmyV. And to all well wishers for your prayers, well wishes and kind words. Tina will love them.

The lady had to report to the cardiac unit at half seven this morning. So at half past seven we were there.
View attachment 635681 View attachment 635686
My Stetson Sovereign was Tina's choice.
After checking in Tina was taken to the operating theatre and with a heavy heart, I left for home.

It's just gone three pm UK time, the hospital have phoned me. All has gone well, she's out of surgery and is recovering well. I can visit her this evening. Such blessings, thank you all again, apologies for the emotion.
Been catching up this morning and very glad to read that everything went well with the surgery. These things can be more trying for those standing on the sideline than the subject him or herself. I speak from experience as I have had two stents placed somewhere in my arteries around my heart several years ago. Fascinating procedure to follow live on the screen but nerve wracking for the loved ones not in the room. It will take some getting used to, but soon Tina will be making trousers and shirts for you again and for many years to come. For now she deserves all the pampering you can muster of course. Wish her well from me, Robert.

The new-to-me Knox 15 made a pretty decent turn around yesterdy. Its making the morning coffee shop run with me today. After blocking and some brim flange work, The brim is behaving, and the crown convinced me that its happiest with a center dent on top and more of a side dent rather than a front pinch. it holds its shape well for a nice soft hat. No stiffener on this one! Its got a few character spots, but they are tolerable. Its a really comfortable hat to wear.

Ill fit a new liner inside, and eventually will need to at least restitch the sweatband (every time I put it on my head I hear another rotted thread pop. Sweat has obviously shrunken a bit as theres about a 1/4" gap in the back between the ends of the sweatband. Im honestly seriously thinking of just replacing the sweatband. There are several rough looking edges and spots, and the reed is sticking out over about three inches where the rolled over edge of the sweat is just gone. Doesnt show when Im wearing it, so for now I just wont take it off in public lol . Kind of thinking if the sweat gets replaced, I may recycle the gold embossed Knox 15 logo and move it up into the center of the new liner. New liner is unmarked, and this would be a cool way to see what it was originally.

View attachment 636185 View attachment 636187 View attachment 636184 View attachment 636182 View attachment 636186
Fantastic hat and great resurrection, Rick. Wonderful.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Been catching up this morning and very glad to read that everything went well with the surgery. These things can be more trying for those standing on the sideline than the subject him or herself. I speak from experience as I have had two stents placed somewhere in my arteries around my heart several years ago. Fascinating procedure to follow live on the screen but nerve wracking for the loved ones not in the room. It will take some getting used to, but soon Tina will be making trousers and shirts for you again and for many years to come. For now she deserves all the pampering you can muster of course. Wish her well from me, Robert.
You have, more or less, defined the experience of the loved one destined to be the one pacing up and down Stefan. My guess is that many a Lounger has been through such an uncomfortable experience.

Tina is an industrious person by nature, sitting still is just not her forte. Since her surgery there has been a couple of bouts of tears simply through frustration and boredom. The lady is also a realist, she knows that all that professional care in the operating theatre would be in vain if she didn't follow the medical instruction for recovery.

Thank you Stefan and thank you Loungers, you have made a poorly lady smile again. Her handiwork is in today's Hawaiian Shirts & Fedoras thread.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hawaiian-shirts-and-fedoras.36948/page-138#post-3117849

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. I have been catching up on 14 pages of posts. To a one I have enjoyed the posts. You folks have been sport'n some very fine lids!

I have had work commitments and a mountain escapade that has pulled me away from sharing. Here are some hat pics to share.

Not all moments can be fedoras. Yes I do sport a ball cap for the appropriate soirée.

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

A VS fedora. This is a Stratoliner inspired fedora made with dove beaver felt.

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

A Stetson Stratoliners in different hues.

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

A Stetson Fifteen w/Mode Edge.

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Good morning. I have been catching up on 14 pages of posts. To a one I have enjoyed the posts. You folks have been sport'n some very fine lids!

I have had work commitments and a mountain escapade that has pulled me away from sharing. Here are some hat pics to share.

Not all moments can be fedoras. Yes I do sport a ball cap for the appropriate soirée.

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
WOW....what else can I say Eric !! That is an amazing group of hats !!

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
What a lineup!

StoryPNW

One Too Many

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
Eric, what a group of terrific hats, as usual, thanks for sharing.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

i-KXQqGRF-M.jpg

i-6DpLs99-M.jpg

i-Pm4rB5T-M.jpg

A fuzzy Ika fedora.

i-JvqgzHs-M.jpg

i-Rk4d59W-M.jpg

A Stetson Playboy.

i-DWhHF7P-M.jpg

i-92CG5BK-M.jpg

i-w2VGX8P-M.jpg

i-FCFJmD4-M.jpg

i-7sPBxrF-M.jpg

A Champ Supreme.

i-pzxxtt7-M.jpg

A 30-40's Borsolino.

i-SqDNszK-M.jpg

A Lee Commander.

i-FJV3CNV-M.jpg

A Lee Adventurer.

i-L8hF5LZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet.

i-GH46d9H-M.jpg

On with the hat parade!

Cheers to all, Eric -
Welcome back, Eric! I hope there was a sufficient amount of "off-time" while traveling to compensate for the work. And yes, scrambling over scree in a fedora would probably NOT be my first choice either! And a DOZEN to jump back in the pool??? Niiiiiiiiiice, sir! Every single one of those is drool-worthy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42