Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
No. 1 Quality I’m guessing to be from the early 40s. Reblocked and reflanged with a bit of curl added to the 1/8” bound brim.
Favorite Western.
View attachment 635779 View attachment 635778 View attachment 635780
Should’ve dusted the thing after sewin it back together. :)
Yet another fantastic lid, Randall. Your hats are not only a pleasure to behold, but you wear them particularly well. I only say that because I thought it was the lighter colored felt that suited you so well, but now I get the same impression with this darker shade. You just plain look great in a hat, brother!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Yet another fantastic lid, Randall. Your hats are not only a pleasure to behold, but you wear them particularly well. I only say that because I thought it was the lighter colored felt that suited you so well, but now I get the same impression with this darker shade. You just plain look great in a hat, brother!
Well thank you, bro! Appreciate the confidence boost, and back at ya!
Takes one to know one type of thing.
We see folks wearin cheap, knockoff fedoras on modern TV commercials/shows and think, “Man, if they only knew how bad they look in them sad things and instead knew how authentic vintage fedoras can improve one’s looks and effect their attitude in positive ways!”
But then, if everyone knew then we FLers wouldn’t stand out and have as many chances to own a good’n, so….

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
This morning I picked one of my latest additions to my collection, an Imperial Quality Stylemaster from Akubra. First time having one of these in my hands and I must say I am impressed by the overall quality of the hat. The fit, the feel, the look, ...all there in my opinion.
20240826_155515.jpg
20240826_155523.jpg
20240826_155530.jpg
20240826_155539.jpg
20240826_155553.jpg
20240827_082308.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
WONDERFUL update, Robert!! And why would you EVER think you need to apologize for being emotional through a trial like this? You are a good and loving husband, sir, and such concern and emotion is NOTHING you need apologize for. Prayers continuing for her swift and complete recovery from the procedure.
Excellent news!
GREAT NEWS!!!

May her recovery be quick and complete

Will be keeping good energy and prayers headed her way

I am very happy to hear all has gone well with her procedure. Wishing her a full recovery.
Your messages of goodwill have made our day. Tina texted me to say that I had the staff on her ward in stitches. They had texted me to say that I can come and collect her, but I know that before release an examination of her urine is paramount.
I text the hospital back with the message: "Has my wife passed the famous Shakespeare soliloquy?" The reply came back: "The what?"
Apparently my reply had them in uproar. "To Pee or not To Pee, that is the question."
hat & shirt 002.JPG

On my visit yesterday evening, having changed out of my suit, Tina said that my shirt and hat was much admired, she added that they were amazed to learn of her skills when she told them that she had made my shirt and trousers.
This morning, Tina text me simply to say, "where your blue shirt." I knew what that meant.
new trousers gamboa hat 003.JPG

Following those compliments she had shown them this photo on her phone. When they saw me as I arrived to collect her, I must have been photographed a dozen times. The Panama hat got tried on by all and sundry, but it was all in good spirits and now she is home. Blessings on you all and grateful thanks from both Tina and myself. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

RickP

Practically Family
Looks like a mixed bag of hot sun and scattered thunderstorms predicted today ( and the rest of the week). Figured I pull out one of the Akubras in case the rain catches me somewhere.

Thinking the Lightning Ridge gets the call today. As with some of my other Akubras, This ones had a little bit of brim trimming down to my 2-1/2" brim preference. (was a 3" brim originally) I love this hat. The gently rounded crown just looks good to me.

Compress_20240828_071026_6307.jpg

Compress_20240828_072427_7044.jpg
Compress_20240828_072426_6757.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
This morning I picked one of my latest additions to my collection, an Imperial Quality Stylemaster from Akubra. First time having one of these in my hands and I must say I am impressed by the overall quality of the hat. The fit, the feel, the look, ...all there in my opinion.
View attachment 635887 View attachment 635888 View attachment 635890 View attachment 635891 View attachment 635892 View attachment 635893
Nice hat! I love my Stylemasters.They are super hats. One has a bit lighter ribbon and binding than yours, and the other is a nice basic Black. I love the C bash in the tops, but I will have to admit that I also have a Black Bogart, just so I can bounce between center dent and c- bash without having to re-dent lol
Compress_20240828_073902_2490.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Your messages of goodwill have made our day. Tina texted me to say that I had the staff on her ward in stitches. They had texted me to say that I can come and collect her, but I know that before release an examination of her urine is paramount.
I text the hospital back with the message: "Has my wife passed the famous Shakespeare soliloquy?" The reply came back: "The what?"
Apparently my reply had them in uproar. "To Pee or not To Pee, that is the question."
View attachment 635879
On my visit yesterday evening, having changed out of my suit, Tina said that my shirt and hat was much admired, she added that they were amazed to learn of her skills when she told them that she had made my shirt and trousers.
This morning, Tina text me simply to say, "where your blue shirt." I knew what that meant.
View attachment 635884
Following those compliments she had shown them this photo on her phone. When they saw me as I arrived to collect her, I must have been photographed a dozen times. The Panama hat got tried on by all and sundry, but it was all in good spirits and now she is home. Blessings on you all and grateful thanks from both Tina and myself. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Looking awesome, as always, Robert. So glad to hear that Tina is home.

RickP

Practically Family
Overcast, grey sky, and getting ready to rain.. Lets continue the grey theme and rock a grey Adam Premier Pacesetter this morning. This little thing has been here a couple of weeks and I havent done anything but a bit of brushing. Liner is stitched in and I just havent got around to pulling it out for a good cleaning. In all honesty, I think the felt will be just fine with a bit if steaming and brushing... this may be a "leave as is hat" nice vintage look. A little testing with some alcohol and q-tips did remove a couple of the liner spots nicely. A gentle woolite bath should really help the liner look a lot nicer

If I get a bit of rain on it going to the coffee shop this morning, it will be a good excuse to get going on a bit of cleaning today. Besides...Its marked as having "Aqua-Shed treated for water repellancy"... Ill test that out today lol

Question... has anyone figured out a good way to any cleaning on dingy paper build tags like this one has? Im really leary of any wet process like white gas that could do damage to the markings and paper. Unless someone has a good process, Ill leave it alone....just wondering

Compress_20240829_071748_8669.jpg
Compress_20240829_071938_8738.jpg
Compress_20240829_071939_9080.jpg
Compress_20240829_072523_3053.jpg
Compress_20240829_072522_2765.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB