Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Crown Royal

Familiar Face
Furthermore, it's not a Lord's Hat. They didn't have a brim binding.

However, it is a great Homburg from one of the finest Manchester hat makers. Congrats on the buy.

I'd say it's from the 1960s.
Thanks! You are correct, I ignored the brim binding and went with Lord's Hat due to the side pinches and no center crease but I was probably being too presumptuous ... it's just one of my many flaws. :D

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My Moores Homburg with side pinches and a tear drop crown, which I mistakenly thought was a Lord's Hat. My trusted source says it's from the 1930's but I'm certainly no expert so please don't shoot the messenger. That said, please do let me know if you have more accurate dating information.
View attachment 626257
View attachment 626258
View attachment 626259
View attachment 626260
View attachment 626261
View attachment 626263
View attachment 626264
Once again, it's a nice buy.

Please post this one in the Great British Hat Makers thread. Including a better photo of the other paper label under the sweatband.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Kim's funeral 004.JPG

The Stetson Sovereign, sits perfectly atop of a made to measure suit.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Don't over do it, Nathan. Enjoy your break in Thailand.

Fedoras can definitely go well with a leather jacket. I'm sure you have more than a couple that can. And with your good looks, you can definitely make them work together.

Thanks Steve, many kind words here. I am definitely learning that my health is still fragile. It is very disappointing - I thought I was stronger than this. Moving out is taking its toll.

But yes, the payoff is Malaysia and Thailand, so I persist…

Monte

Practically Family
My vintage hat made for McManus & Riley, a men's clothing store based in Albany, NY that closed in 1967. Based on the plastic tip liner, my best guess is that this lid is from the 1950s but please let me know if you have more accurate dating information.
View attachment 626105 View attachment 626106
View attachment 626107
View attachment 626108
View attachment 626109
View attachment 626110
View attachment 626111
View attachment 626112
View attachment 626113
The hat shape, proportions, trend in color, and little black sweat scream '60s to my eye. Could it be 1950-'60? Maybe. Wear it well and keep stylin'. My long face doesn't support brims that stingy. My humble opinion.

Crown Royal

Familiar Face
The hat shape, proportions, trend in color, and little black sweat scream '60s to my eye. Could it be 1950-'60? Maybe. Wear it well and keep stylin'. My long face doesn't support brims that stingy. My humble opinion.
Thank you! I agree with your assessment. The black sweatband, in particular, would make the 60s a really strong possibility. I also have a longish face but I do love wearing the stingy-brims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesKHowlett