Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Feather Weight
450427138_18444318121015540_6665209687275218354_n.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Still do, down in the classifieds; waiting for the right-sized buyer. :)

It’s a great jacket at a great price - I hope it finds a home soon!

You haven’t bumped that post in a while, though. I know when I was shopping I wasn’t looking through the classifieds, I was just looking at the ads that came up in my “What’s new” feed. I am sure you realize that you don’t have to lower the price just to bump the ad once a week? (Or however often you want - one guy is bumping his ad every day right now…)

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
And not just fedoras…Westerns, Bowlers, Homburgs…I think you’ll find a lot of hats work with leather.
View attachment 626191

I forgot about your Schott! Yes indeed, your cross zip goes with all the styles. Thanks for the collage, it’s very inspiring!

I do love the moto + brimmed hat look, but I think what I was getting at is I also love the rocker/rebel look. To me, the cross zip plus fedora is the look of a practically-minded family man type - not to stereotype you specifically but to me it is somehow the look of a teacher (the teacher that most of the students really like, who legitimately cares for his/her students). It goes particularly well with a tie under the cross zip and all manner of brimmed hats support it.

But I have a place in my soul for the t-shirted, wild-haired ne’er-do-well look. I only have a small handful of brimmed hats that I feel would support it, and hatless is probably the way I feel it works best.

There is a third look that I’m toying with as well: I call it the “motorcycle cop meets trucker” look: a black cross zip, t-shirt and JBS Open Road silver belly with aviator glasses. In fact, that might be my new uniform when I get back in the truck.

Sorry for the novel; I’m having fun exploring this new-to-me fashion area. I do love how you pull off the Schott with your hat collection, it looks great.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
It’s a great jacket at a great price - I hope it finds a home soon!

You haven’t bumped that post in a while, though. I know when I was shopping I wasn’t looking through the classifieds, I was just looking at the ads that came up in my “What’s new” feed. I am sure you realize that you don’t have to lower the price just to bump the ad once a week? (Or however often you want - one guy is bumping his ad every day right now…)
I do, but I tend to forget it's there. Thanks for the nudge/reminder!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I think you may be on to something pretty spiff with this one, Nathan!

Thanks Mark, I’m a fan already.

Here is a JBS 7x (not clear beaver), LW Trojan, Levis 501s (okay, these 31s are looking a little tight… probably time to size up…) and my Dan Posts. I can imagine being comfortable behind the wheel in something like this.

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

VoodooSan

One Too Many

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I am on a fashion collision course: my love of fedoras is gonna collide with a new-found passion for leather jackets.

I just got this one today: it’s a very high end horsehide jacket from maker Lost Worlds. I got this used but in excellent condition and it’s too bad it’s just gonna sit in the closet the next six months.

I coupled it with my 1940s Mallory aristocratic quality this evening for photos. It’s a good vibe but I don’t know that I’ll have as much success with many other hats. Could be I am headed in the direction of one hat/one jacket - but I can also see wanting to rock this jacket without a hat.

Whatever the future holds for me and leather jackets, it will have to wait a few months while I kick it on the beach in Thailand.

Now I return to packing the house. This would go a lot faster but my illness is triggered pretty hard and I have to take lots of breaks.

Happy Wednesday evening friends.
View attachment 626161 View attachment 626162 View attachment 626163 View attachment 626164 View attachment 626165 View attachment 626166 View attachment 626167 View attachment 626168
I don’t know Nathan.
I think a fedora goes perfectly with a Lost Worlds and a Langlitz and a…..
unless you have Hollywood hair then nothing else matters.
B
E669FEED-9649-4040-8F35-E4C747A5B8A5.png
D98D6B94-2ABE-4C38-A64D-754620FF94A1.png

Crown Royal

Familiar Face
My Moores Homburg with side pinches and a tear drop crown, which I mistakenly thought was a Lord's Hat. My trusted source says it's from the 1930's but I'm certainly no expert so please don't shoot the messenger. That said, please do let me know if you have more accurate dating information.
1000022576.jpg

1000022174.jpg

1000022173.jpg

1000022177.jpg

1000022176.jpg

1000022181.jpg

1000022567.jpg

Attachments

• 1000022179.jpg
    1000022179.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
My Moores Lord's Hat (Homburg-style with side pinches). My trusted source says it's from the 1930's but I'm certainly no expert so please don't shoot the messenger. That said, please do let me know if you have more accurate dating information.
View attachment 626257
View attachment 626258
View attachment 626259
View attachment 626260
View attachment 626261
View attachment 626263
View attachment 626264
It appears to have been made between 1966 when J. Moores and Sons became Moores and 1982 when the union ceased to exist due to a merger
See link.

Post in thread 'Homburg Nation' https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/homburg-nation.35848/post-2272046

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I am on a fashion collision course: my love of fedoras is gonna collide with a new-found passion for leather jackets.

I just got this one today: it’s a very high end horsehide jacket from maker Lost Worlds. I got this used but in excellent condition and it’s too bad it’s just gonna sit in the closet the next six months.

I coupled it with my 1940s Mallory aristocratic quality this evening for photos. It’s a good vibe but I don’t know that I’ll have as much success with many other hats. Could be I am headed in the direction of one hat/one jacket - but I can also see wanting to rock this jacket without a hat.

Whatever the future holds for me and leather jackets, it will have to wait a few months while I kick it on the beach in Thailand.

Now I return to packing the house. This would go a lot faster but my illness is triggered pretty hard and I have to take lots of breaks.

Happy Wednesday evening friends.
View attachment 626161 View attachment 626162 View attachment 626163 View attachment 626164 View attachment 626165 View attachment 626166 View attachment 626167 View attachment 626168
Don't over do it, Nathan. Enjoy your break in Thailand.

Fedoras can definitely go well with a leather jacket. I'm sure you have more than a couple that can. And with your good looks, you can definitely make them work together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b-woolman