Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Summertime means I'm busy with the kids and don't get around these parts as often. It also means stormy weather. Been dealing with an "Act of Nature" the past couple days:
20240625_131547.jpg
20240625_131604.jpg

Unlike Eric (@Short Balding Guy) I couldn't bring myself to wearing one of my good hats, so a ball cap got the rare call to action. Time to go to work:
20240626_102509.jpg

Breaking to fix the kids lunch. They earned it:
20240626_144933.jpg

Son #1 was quite the trooper but he finally tapped out about 4:30p:
20240626_144810.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
What’s your technique with that Terry? Do you just spray it on and wipe a little with your hand? I’ve got a wonderful JBS 3X I’d love to see if I could clean a bit.
Well, this hat needed major work and major cleaning. The process I used with mine is probably not something you need to do to yours if you're spot cleaning. My hat, I had to tear it down and prep it for reblocking. I soaked mine in hot water and put it on a block and scrubbed it down with a generous amount of dishwashing liquid, (dishwashing liquid is a degreaser). After that I took it back off the block, rinsed everything out real good, and then prepped it again for reblocking. If you're spot cleaning your hat you probably don't want to wet it in spots and chance leaving water marks on it after it dries. Depending on how bad or light the dirt is on your hat you might get by with using only a hat sponge to clean the felt. I'd try that first and see how that does.

Last edited:

RickP

A-List Customer
That looks great. I need to find a Champ as nice :)
Its a really nice lightweight.... one of my favorites.

One of my current projects is trying to get a cousin in Tennessee to dig through the family farmhouse (he bought my grandpartnts house and farm) I distinctly remember two different Champ hatboxes in the closet. One I know was an LBJ-ish rancher but not sure what the other was. So far Ive only got a " My ex wife may have thrown a bunch of things away" story, but that he'd be more than glad to work a deal with me if he can find them. I have two hats that belonged to my other grandfather... Id LOVE to have one or two from the other. I do have one of my Dads hats as well, so Im thinking I just need to start a Family hat section on the wall

Its a really nice lightweight.... one of my favorites.

One of my current projects is trying to get a cousin in Tennessee to dig through the family farmhouse (he bought my grandpartnts house and farm) I distinctly remember two different Champ hatboxes in the closet. One I know was an LBJ-ish rancher but not sure what the other was. So far Ive only got a " My ex wife may have thrown a bunch of things away" story, but that he'd be more than glad to work a deal with me if he can find them. I have two hats that belonged to my other grandfather... Id LOVE to have one or two from the other. I do have one of my Dads hats as well, so Im thinking I just need to start a Family hat section on the wall
That would be very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg