Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RBH

Bartender
Ready to run some errands in an old beater fedora.
IMG_3672.jpeg
IMG_3670.jpeg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Mmm... no... I have them in alphabetical order. :D
Thank you!
Your post reminded me of the time I went to the US embassy in Mexico City, where an Immigration officer helped me to acquire US citizenship through my mother. When he handed me my passport I said "Thank you so much, Sir!", to which he replied "There's no need to call me Sir, Max".
-"I know that, Sir. Thank you, Sir!!!"

Knox Fifty today. It was in a back row of one of the safes, so I forgot I had it!
I haven't seen or heard of another Knox 50, so I may post it in the "Hard-To-Find" thread later today.

View attachment 574242 View attachment 574243 View attachment 574244 View attachment 574245 View attachment 574246
It’s just like New Hat Day. Though I’m pretty sure I would not forget if I had this one. You know you have quite the amazing collection when this is one that “gets pushed to the back of one of the hat safes”. Or maybe rephrase…. simply. Hat safes! ;)

Hope you are doing well, Max.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
It’s just like New Hat Day. Though I’m pretty sure I would not forget if I had this one. You know you have quite the amazing collection when this is one that “gets pushed to the back of one of the hat safes”. Or maybe rephrase…. simply. Hat safes! ;)

Hope you are doing well, Max.
Thank you, Joe. My paternal grandfather's name was José Tejeda, and my maternal William Joseph Nichols.
I love both the Spanish and English versions of the name... but I prefer José.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Cinema time in the baby (powder?) blue JBS 3X.

If you want to see a pretty impressive collection of what look to me to be late 40s and 50s lids, I readily recommend “The Boys in the Boat.” Unfortunate that the setting is 1936, but the hats are pretty cool nonetheless - most of them very much resemble this one (different colors, of course, but the quality looked very good with only a few exceptions of cheaper or more modern looking ones).

IMG_9593.jpeg

IMG_9594.jpeg

IMG_9599.jpeg

IMG_9600.jpeg

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
Cinema time in the baby (powder?) blue JBS 3X.

If you want to see a pretty impressive collection of what look to me to be late 40s and 50s lids, I readily recommend “The Boys in the Boat.” Unfortunate that the setting is 1936, but the hats are pretty cool nonetheless - most of them very much resemble this one (different colors, of course, but the quality looked very good with only a few exceptions of cheaper or more modern looking ones).

View attachment 574365

View attachment 574366
View attachment 574370
View attachment 574371
Fabulous hat, Nathan! It's been a joy seeing your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1