Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

One Too Many
I posted this new hat of mine on another thread, but I'm guessing not many will see it. Many months ago I asked Mike Miller of Northwest hats to make me a replica of Stephen Temkin's creation which he called the Milaner.

Mike did an outstanding job. The final product is elegant and beautiful and unlike other hats now being made by custom hatters. Perhaps you'll agree. The felt color is bone. The hatband is burgundy, with a shark gill bow. Temkin described the brim as an "open roll." I love this hat!

View attachment 639535 View attachment 639536 View attachment 639537 View attachment 639538 View attachment 639539
Wow! Every aspect of that is simply simply stunning!

DonR

A-List Customer
A Forester by Fechheimer Bros 3X. A decent hat. Reminds me of an Akubra.

1000005196.jpg

1000005198.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I did a conversion on this Bandera Western sometime back and wasn't too pleased with it. it was a small hat that I blocked up in size on a wide shoulderd and straight sided block. Needless to say the block type took a lot of material from the brim and moved it onto the crown. So there went my hopes for a thin ribbon fedora because the stitch holes from the original sweat were visible above the 3/8 ribbon. I stripped it back down and used the new sweat and ribbon on another hat project. After taking another look at the hat and how nice the felt was I looked through my stash of salvaged ribbon and found six cord mid ribbon of the same color that would work, except that it was too short. So, I wet the ribbon down and stretched it as much as I could and got it to fit. So finally I made a decent hat out out of it. the felt on this 5X 20 Beaver is really nice and it would have been a shame to just let it set in a junk pile...

Before:
Bandera-Hat-1.jpg

After:
Bandera-1.jpg

Bandera-2.jpg

Bandera-3.jpg

Bandera-4.jpg

Bandera-11.jpg

Bandera-9.jpg

On the head: Tall Straight with a 2 3/4 snap brim. Matching 6 cord ribbon.
Bandera-Redo-1.jpg

Bandera-Redo-2.jpg

A little Rock A Billy:

VoodooSan

One Too Many
I did a conversion on this Bandera Western sometime back and wasn't too pleased with it. it was a small hat that I blocked up in size on a wide shoulderd and straight sided block. Needless to say the block type took a lot of material from the brim and moved it onto the crown. So there went my hopes for a thin ribbon fedora because the stitch holes from the original sweat were visible above the 3/8 ribbon. I stripped it back down and used the new sweat and ribbon on another hat project. After taking another look at the hat and how nice the felt was I looked through my stash of salvaged ribbon and found six cord mid ribbon of the same color that would work, except that it was too short. So, I wet the ribbon down and stretched it as much as I could and got it to fit. So finally I made a decent hat out out of it. the felt on this 5X 20 Beaver is really nice and it would have been a shame to just let it set in a junk pile...

Before:
Bandera-Hat-1.jpg

After:
Bandera-1.jpg

Bandera-2.jpg

Bandera-3.jpg

Bandera-4.jpg

Bandera-11.jpg

Bandera-9.jpg

Bandera-Redo-1.jpg

Bandera-Redo-2.jpg

A little Rock A Billy:

Yowza! Another terrific rebuild, Terry! AND rockabilly!! All in all, a fantabulous post!

Before:
Bandera-Hat-1.jpg

After:
Bandera-1.jpg

Bandera-2.jpg

Bandera-3.jpg

Bandera-4.jpg

Bandera-11.jpg

Bandera-9.jpg

Bandera-Redo-1.jpg

Bandera-Redo-2.jpg

A little Rock A Billy:

Well it sure came out nice!

Randall Renshaw

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Before:
Bandera-Hat-1.jpg

After:
Bandera-1.jpg

Bandera-2.jpg

Bandera-3.jpg

Bandera-4.jpg

Bandera-11.jpg

Bandera-9.jpg

Bandera-Redo-1.jpg

Bandera-Redo-2.jpg

A little Rock A Billy:

Looks great, Terry!

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I posted this new hat of mine on another thread, but I'm guessing not many will see it. Many months ago I asked Mike Miller of Northwest hats to make me a replica of Stephen Temkin's creation which he called the Milaner.

Mike did an outstanding job. The final product is elegant and beautiful and unlike other hats now being made by custom hatters. Perhaps you'll agree. The felt color is bone. The hatband is burgundy, with a shark gill bow. Temkin described the brim as an "open roll." I love this hat!

View attachment 639535 View attachment 639536 View attachment 639537 View attachment 639538 View attachment 639539
That is special!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Well it sure came out nice!
Thank you Blare! I'm glad I decided against putting it in the scrap pile. As the scripture says, "‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone." Too nice to toss aside. In fact, I'd like to find more of these Banderas.

Last edited:

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

Before:
Bandera-Hat-1.jpg

After:
Bandera-1.jpg

Bandera-2.jpg

Bandera-3.jpg

Bandera-4.jpg

Bandera-11.jpg

Bandera-9.jpg

Bandera-Redo-1.jpg

Bandera-Redo-2.jpg

A little Rock A Billy:

This is driving me nuts. Everyone is saying how wonderful it is, and for some reason, I can’t see the pictures. This has happened with Eric’s pictures before but they showed up when I switched networks. It’s not working for this post, though.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This is driving me nuts. Everyone is saying how wonderful it is, and for some reason, I can’t see the pictures. This has happened with Eric’s pictures before but they showed up when I switched networks. It’s not working for this post, though.
Sorry to hear that buddy. I wonder what's happening? Maybe someone here on the Lounge can help with what's going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1