Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Gary….if it’s not too much to ask, please post that jacket over in the WJAYWT thread.
They need all the help they can get with their hat/jacket game.
It takes a certain confidence/self awareness to wear a killer black cross zip on a man past a certain age and look right.
You make it look easy and you know how to put a hat on it too!
Let those youngish whippersnappers see how it’s done!!
B

Gary @The Shoe, I think you were just called old. :)

Stetson Nutria Quality refurbished by @Randall Renshaw of RRR.

IMG_0174.jpeg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
It's been quite a while since I scored anything "decent" in an antique store, and even longer since such a score was a fedora. So today, out and about, I wore the Knox Premier that I stumbled upon on Friday; 2" brim, 3.75" at the bash, 4.5" at the side. From my limited research, I think the Premier was, while not the top of the Knox line, somewhere near that, yes? And the manufacturer's tag tells my inexperienced brain nothing, but could the "1049" on the price tag refer to a month/year when The Crescent in Spokane marked it for sale? Does that seem about the right price for a Knox Premier of that era? I had little luck searching the Hard Knox thread, and already have about 5 FL threads open that I'm reading from start to finish. If I open another one right now, my brain will explode.

At any rate, for two Jacksons, I'm very pleased.

Knox 1.jpg
Knox 2.jpg
Knox 3.jpg
Knox 4.jpg
Knox 5.jpg
Knox 6.jpg
Knox 7.jpg
Knox 8.jpg

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Nice pickup. Those antique store finds always make me feel like I have saved a bit of history somehow.

It's been quite a while since I scored anything "decent" in an antique store, and even longer since such a score was a fedora. So today, out and about, I wore the Knox Premier that I stumbled upon on Friday; 2" brim, 3.75" at the bash, 4.5" at the side. From my limited research, I think the Premier was, while not the top of the Knox line, somewhere near that, yes? And the manufacturer's tag tells my inexperienced brain nothing, but could the "1049" on the price tag refer to a month/year when The Crescent in Spokane marked it for sale? Does that seem about the right price for a Knox Premier of that era? I had little luck searching the Hard Knox thread, and already have about 5 FL threads open that I'm reading from start to finish. If I open another one right now, my brain will explode.

View attachment 584986 View attachment 584987 View attachment 584988 View attachment 584989 View attachment 584990 View attachment 584991 View attachment 584992 View attachment 584993

View attachment 584986 View attachment 584987 View attachment 584988 View attachment 584989 View attachment 584990 View attachment 584991 View attachment 584992 View attachment 584993
Nice find…. This Madison Avenue Looks great on you. That tag is usually 1950s. I’d guess it to be an early to mid 1950s hat. Not sure what the JF 1049 is. Maybe a store model or stock number.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

With the plastic liner tip and the block depth still being included on the manufacturing tag I'd suspect the 50s. Always nice to snag a find at the antique store!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Nice find…. This Madison Avenue Looks great on you. That tag is usually 1950s. I’d guess it to be an early to mid 1950s hat. Not sure what the JF 1049 is. Maybe a store model or stock number.
Thanks, Joe. That certainly makes more sense than the store actually caring about what date they put a price tag on it.

hambone71

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton