Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That is so nice, Greg. Really stands out in the sun light. Can we see the inside
Here you go, Steve.

Thanks Greg. Not all the photos would show, so sadly, I still didn't get to see the inside. Looks a real beaut from all the other pics though. Nice find back in 2019.

Thanks Greg. Not all the photos would show, so sadly, I still didn't get to see the inside. Looks a real beaut from all the other pics though. Nice find back in 2019.
Hope these show, Steve.
1648286915882.png

1648286951067.png

1648286979428.png

1648287004049.png

1648287035354.png

1648287054276.png

GHT

I'll Lock Up
While I wait for the 7X to miraculously appear, I wore my Stetson Sovereign today.

Made under license in England, so in principle a Failsworth hat.

View attachment 413393
Have a good Saturday folks.
The Sovereign, a class hat for sure.
old photos 260.JPG old photos 261.JPG
Mine came from: The Village Hat Shop, San Diego.
Today we are off to a young lady's birthday party, my niece's daughter turned two yesterday.

Later we are at a Big Band dance concert, definitely dressing up for that, so good to be getting out again.
hats 002.png

Norm DePlume

New in Town
I've only been amassing hats for a few months now and am still in learning mode, so while I've picked up a few pretty decent hats in that time, this is the first truly "nice" one I've acquired. It's a Borsalino Feather Weight Extra Extra Superiore from Salvatore Balbi.

When they say "feather weight," they ain't kidding. This thing is very, very light, with by far the softest, most pliable felt I have handled. It feels great to wear. I would love it more if the brim were a half-inch wider, and for that reason alone I'm on the fence about whether to keep it or send it back out into the hatosphere. I'll probably stick with it for a while and see if I can pull off a brim-up hipster look with it.

Anyway, it is not technically "for sale," but I could probably be talked into changing that status by somebody addicted to collecting these things. Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy pretending to be a hipster, because this hat does feel amazing atop my head. And as always, if any of you hat geeks has any special knowledge about this hat to impart, I'm all ears.

IMG-0611.JPG
IMG-0612.JPG
IMG-0617.JPG
IMG-0621.JPG
IMG-0622.JPG
IMG-0623.JPG

I've only been amassing hats for a few months now and am still in learning mode, so while I've picked up a few pretty decent hats in that time, this is the first truly "nice" one I've acquired. It's a Borsalino Feather Weight Extra Extra Superiore from Salvatore Balbi.

When they say "feather weight," they ain't kidding. This thing is very, very light, with by far the softest, most pliable felt I have handled. It feels great to wear. I would love it more if the brim were a half-inch wider, and for that reason alone I'm on the fence about whether to keep it or send it back out into the hatosphere. I'll probably stick with it for a while and see if I can pull off a brim-up hipster look with it.

Anyway, it is not technically "for sale," but I could probably be talked into changing that status by somebody addicted to collecting these things. Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy pretending to be a hipster, because this hat does feel amazing atop my head. And as always, if any of you hat geeks has any special knowledge about this hat to impart, I'm all ears.

View attachment 413408 View attachment 413409 View attachment 413410 View attachment 413414 View attachment 413415 View attachment 413416
Nice looking hat…. And just an aside… in my opinion most of the negative hipster thin brim vitriol is more directed at poorly made stitched together modern junk. There are many finely made short brim hats that were made in the 60s…. and even finer made earlier

oh that and the “neck beard”. I think your safe. :);)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The Sovereign, a class hat for sure.
View attachment 413401 View attachment 413402
Mine came from: The Village Hat Shop, San Diego.
Today we are off to a young lady's birthday party, my niece's daughter turned two yesterday.

Later we are at a Big Band dance concert, definitely dressing up for that, so good to be getting out again.
View attachment 413403
Looking good as ever, Robert. Love that shirt. I'm taken by the blazer, too. The Sovereign speaks for itself.

Enjoy your two in one day outings.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 413408 View attachment 413409 View attachment 413410 View attachment 413414 View attachment 413415 View attachment 413416
Welcome to the FL, Norm.

That's a really nice Borsalino you've picked up there. Keep it for a while, see if you get used to it. I think it suits you. It's good to have different styles of hat in a collection.

Try taking photos of any labels under the sweatband and post those. It will help with further identification.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Looking good as ever, Robert. Love that shirt. I'm taken by the blazer, too. The Sovereign speaks for itself.

Enjoy your two in one day outings.
Thanks Steve, actually it's going to be a three day outing. I'm just waiting for Tina to get changed, we got home too late to cook, so it's going to be a meal at the Italian restaurant at six, giving us enough time to enjoy before going onto the Big Band dance concert.
Green hat & blazer 003.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton