Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeping around town running errands, today. Wearing a Mallory OR clone. I’m guessing this hat was made well after Stetson aquired Mallory. In fact, it’s quality...or lack thereof...reminds me of the stiff, cardboard-like ORs made a decade ago. But it’s still a good hat everyday wearing...and I’ve always liked the color.

fb5a89b1-ace2-4e66-8d40-6ecabfffb857-jpeg.112301

Nice hat! Do you need your Jeep rolled back over?

jeepupsidedown1.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Michael. Cool colour.
Thanks Stefan. The color is a little variable. Yesterday and last night it was a kind of pastel green. Today it seems to me sort of blue. Other days it's gray.

Thanks. My crown is very soft, but the brim is fairly stiff. Of course, mine was virtually unworn when I got it, so maybe that has something to do with.

And I think that pin harkens back to Christa Mcauliff, no?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I wish mine was in unworn condition. Not that it is bad condition. Is yours Aristocrat Quality?

That is what I figured to pin to be about.

Thanks,
Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Looks very light for a wool?
Karl, I looked at the fur hairs with a video microscope and it's made of Wool. B.B. were known for Wool Soft and Stiff Felt Hats. The hairs are not course so it has a smooth finish. If I get a chance I will take photos. This is a very unique hat so hard to explain. I doubt there is anything else like it on the FL.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeeping around town running errands, today. Wearing a Mallory OR clone. I’m guessing this hat was made well after Stetson aquired Mallory. In fact, it’s quality...or lack thereof...reminds me of the stiff, cardboard-like ORs made a decade ago. But it’s still a good hat everyday wearing...and I’ve always liked the color.

View attachment 112301 View attachment 112300

AF
Are you in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe