Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Outside Toraya in Ginza, Japan`s premier hat shop, founded in the early 1900`s. Look at those colored felts and the brown hat with blue thin ribbon!

November2009024.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:

:eek: Wow...I'm stunned...just wow! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torp, you're a real inspiration! Which leads me right on...

Torpedo said:
Mario, I admire how you do exploit your favoured color palette in an unending variety.

I told you before: I really love those more subdued shades (maybe because I'm a rather subdued, if not somber character at times), but I'll definitely try to broaden my palette a bit further. Not that I'm going to look like I just jumped out of a Technicolor movie, but a few more colors won't hurt. For now I just sit back and watch and gather inspirations from you! :D :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
I rarely use hat feathers, but in this particular occassion I happened to have one with a set of colours harmonizing with the rest of the outfit (thanks to Gene for this little jewel of a feather ;) ), so I selected it as a finishing touch.

Wonderful.

Certain hats - and certain feathers - just gotta' get some play sometimes.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
daizawaguy said:
Outside Toraya in Ginza, Japan`s premier hat shop, founded in the early 1900`s. Look at those colored felts and the brown hat with blue thin ribbon!

November2009024.jpg

Great shot, D-guy. Do you see many people in those colored numbers?

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
Had a double-header today. First event was a 90th birthday party for a fellow who's family hired me to entertain with caricatures of the guests.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

After that, I ditched the blazer and tie for a leather jacket and scarf to do my more casual outdoor gig. Just got home and looking down at little Zsa Zsa.

DSC_0014.jpg

Great Borsalino, Gene. The outfits are very well put together and I really like those shoes in the second shot. :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
I guess it's that little angled hump in the top center part of the crown, but that is just a haphazard result of needing some room for my pointy head. lol The real, intentional shaping was to change the cattleman's crease to more of a center dent with front/side pinches, while leaving a broad, flat front (not pinched in front). I saw a hat for sale with this look and I'm applying it to a couple of my westerns and OR hybrids.

It looks really good, Gene. I don't favor the cattleman's crease worn with the brim snapped down but your alteration gives it just enough of the fedora crease look to make the snap perfect.

Mr. Paladin

Torpedo said:
Yesterday I pieced together an outfit around the hat I wanted to wear; it is a modern brown bowler, a Beaver Brand 5X - not bad for a modern hat, although I would like to snatch a vintage brown bowler at some time...

I feel like a bowler is an style that needs a little more planification to pull it off, at least for me.

I think the ensemble evocates a different vintage vibe (more set-back, I would say) that suits such an admittedly old-fashioned kind of hat.

DSC_0844.jpg

I rarely use hat feathers, but in this particular occassion I happened to have one with a set of colours harmonizing with the rest of the outfit (thanks to Gene for this little jewel of a feather ;) ), so I selected it as a finishing touch.

So, what do you think?

Torpedo, I think that is very well put together...even the feather! A very dignified look for that hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

texasgirl

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap KILLER vintage hat texasgirl, and I love your dress AND expression in this pic!!!

Thanks CC! Actually LadyDay made it! I like Patton's face. He kept trying to talk to me and the hat blocked all of my peripheral vision! LOL

Tone

A-List Customer
Thank you very much, chanteuseCarey. :)

Gene, that's another round :eusa_clap :eusa_clap for your latest ensemble.
Super SHARP there! That Borsalino is very versatile!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Sharp, Gene! Sharp as tack! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Super hat and perfect outfit! Some of those folks might have already been wearing hats when that one was still new on the shelf!

billysmom

One Too Many
Stetson Homburg

November13.jpg

Windy today! A Homburg is more practical than a wide brimmed fedora since it's less of a sail . Today's an official "Go Purple" day in Fort Worth because the Horned Frogs have a big game tomorrow.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82