Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
Out for dinner in my new Portis. The late afternoon light makes the blue ribbon show well.

Portis001-1.jpg

Mr. P, that's a beautiful hat and you wear it well!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
daizawaguy said:
Thanks Slimportly (hic)....well, I`m wearin my VS tonight (hic)....cheeressrs!:eek:

November2009040.jpg

I really like the way you combine this fine hi-crowned short brimmed VS with that 'harrrington'(?) and jeans!! like on the pics we all voted for.. Very cool and together look..

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
Two hats today: it was a windy morning, so I decided to wear a cap, my Bookster "baker boy":

DSC_0839.jpg

I was posing with little Laura, and Sango the cat made a spontaneous aparition... :p

Later in the day, wind calmed, and I took my borderline-stingy Whippet instead!

DSC_0854.jpg

Torpedo, thanks to you I own two bookster-caps, and I love 'em! Yours is tremendous, both in size and style, I like it very much, but the hat you wear in the second pic just hits me in the face! lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
great hat Gene. This portrait shot is gorgeous. You need to crop it for an 8x10, its the kind of pic the GF needs on her nightable...:)

HarpPlayerGene said:
DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

I recently reshaped this one a little away from the standard cattleman's crease but still retaining its western-ness.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The perfect autumn picture Lefty, and a great hat worn here to boot!

QUOTE=J.T.Marcus]Nice contrast, brown with blue. Great environmental shot, too. Did I mention, "Fabulous hat?!" :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap[/QUOTE]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
What happened here? I miss a few pages/days-
and come back to find that rlk has lost his beard and moustache,
and Sir Paddy has gained the same!

rlk, great hat as always, and its nice to see all of your your face!

Paddy, your facial hair is red! (at least in this pic)... lovely

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Trionfo

Had a double-header today. First event was a 90th birthday party for a fellow who's family hired me to entertain with caricatures of the guests.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

After that, I ditched the blazer and tie for a leather jacket and scarf to do my more casual outdoor gig. Just got home and looking down at little Zsa Zsa.

DSC_0014.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wow, you're killing me here Gene! Such a fabulous blue hat-what is it?? The blazer is terrific. Okay, put this shot cropped in a 8x10 frame for her too, and her xmas gifts (for under the tree at least;) ) are all done and ready to be wrapped...

HarpPlayerGene said:
First event was a 90th birthday party for a fellow who's family hired me to entertain with caricatures of the guests.
DSC_0003-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
JimmyTL, keep seeing your hat pic on others' comments about page 8 or so, I but cannot find your original post - oh well, as others have already said- you've been missed! Looking handsome as ever staring right at the camera with those beautiful baby blues of yours, as usual wearing a great hat!!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Mario, I admire how you do exploit your favoured color palette in an unending variety.

Gene, I absolutely dig the first outfit, the dressier one, with the blue hat. Very well put together, with the various blue accents, down to (up to? ;) ) the very harmonic hat feather!

J.T., good proportions and colour combo in that one!

Mr. P, I see you taking advantage of that blue ribboned lid...

Torpedo

One Too Many
Yesterday I pieced together an outfit around the hat I wanted to wear; it is a modern brown bowler, a Beaver Brand 5X - not bad for a modern hat, although I would like to snatch a vintage brown bowler at some time...

I feel like a bowler is an style that needs a little more planification to pull it off, at least for me.

I think the ensemble evocates a different vintage vibe (more set-back, I would say) that suits such an admittedly old-fashioned kind of hat.

DSC_0844.jpg

I rarely use hat feathers, but in this particular occassion I happened to have one with a set of colours harmonizing with the rest of the outfit (thanks to Gene for this little jewel of a feather ;) ), so I selected it as a finishing touch.

DSC_0848.jpg

(There are a couple more pics in the "What are you wearing today" thread, and some more details, if you are interested)

So, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82