Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Simply beautiful, Michael.

Sterling descriptor, Jim. Gorgeous lid!

Classic beauty, Fabiovenhorst.

Another gorgeous hat, Esther. I heard recently my brother and his wife are in Ghent. Is that anywhere near you?

It looks fantastic, IMO.

Keep cool, Blu!

Yet another beauty, Esther.

It's about an hours drive from where I am. And thank you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Bob. As a Belgian that sure seems funny doesn't it?

Just finished this one for a really cool lady.
2159d02974e371ce3265bd1244d9c6d9.jpg
Beautiful hat Esther and stellar color pairing. Great work.

Simply beautiful, Michael.
Thanks Doug. I've been wearing this one a lot lately. That was a really nice looking Knox 40 you were wearing today. There seems to be some color discrepancy between your first two and the last photo. What is the true color?

Good color on the chapeau, boss.
Thanks Samuel. It's a nice mid grey. Very nice Stratoliner you were wearing today. I need one of those.

Thanks,
Michael

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Doug. I've been wearing this one a lot lately. That was a really nice looking Knox 40 you were wearing today. There seems to be some color discrepancy between your first two and the last photo. What is the true color?
It's grey, Michael. Weird how the color changes with the direction I stand with respect to the sun.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Back in true form Moe! Fantastic.

Knox hats are such fine hats. This one is extraordinary.

Gorgeous Montecristi, Alan.

Very nice, Bob!

Lookin' good, sir!

A real nice sumer lid, Robert!

Looks good, Red! They're now saying 100F by Saturday.... wow.

I think the forum rule is, anything over 3" goes to Joao! ;)

There's one to drool over. Very nice indeed, Perry!

Dam it, that's a nice Panama, Moe!
Thanks Red and Fed!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Out and about today with a Stetson Premier Stratoliner in cornhill. This was a stubborn, unforgiving hat to bash; a big thank you to Art Fawcett who kindly rescued it for me and gave it a mild diamond bash. Thickish felt, still stubborn, seems more like a carpet than hat felt, won't take a sharp pinch in the front; I wonder, are they are all this way? Crown height is a bit low for me, so it's currently a nice entry in the beater/casual category. View attachment 84086
Yes, I agree. Some of those Stetsons with the thick felt can be rather hard to shape. I have a Stetsonian that gives me fits and I have had to demote it to a foul weather beater. Welcome to the Lounge.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the first montecristi Panama that I purchased from eBay. They used to come up fairly frequently and sell reasonably in smaller sizes. I like the dimensions and blocking in this one... narrow flat brim and tall crown. It came in a Kaufmann's box with a L.C. Rossen shipping label affixed. I believe the hat was "rossenized" early in its life - perhaps adding a new sweatband and frayed ribbon. The straw shows the patina of many summers of wear but remains flexible and strong enough to last another century or so.

083017_1.jpg

083017_2.jpg

083017_3.jpg

rossenized.jpg
It looks great, Alan. Classic Classic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe