Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Christys' Foldaway...

Perfect day in NYC to wear my brand new Christys' Foldaway. I'm loving it.
Here's my second ever picture of myself in this place.

IMG_01421.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Borsalino

TanBorso-2.jpg

Looking good, everybody. Aureliano - great to see you again!

Cool (70's!) cloudy day here in N. Texas, so another super lightweight felt lid.

Sue

Torpedo

One Too Many
RLK, I think that is new for me: straw, porkpie and Hollywood brim! Looking daring!

Billysmom, you are wearing your hats with a style not a few men will envy.

Aureliano, good casual combo. And that Christy's foldaway looks certainly better than I would have thought! Any deeper insights?

Chiliarches, that last pic does have lots of character!

Mario, smart as of usual.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
TanBorso-2.jpg

Looking good, everybody. Aureliano - great to see you again!

Cool (70's!) cloudy day here in N. Texas, so another super lightweight felt lid.

Sue

That hat look awesome, Sue! is it white?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Aureliano, good casual combo. And that Christy's foldaway looks certainly better than I would have thought! Any deeper insights?
QUOTE]

I had the same reservations when I ordered it. A few nights ago I took it out while it was raining. Got fairly wet and took it amazingly. I also rolled it while at dinner and it came right back to its shape after 3 hours of being in my blazer pocket. I have to say that, for the price, it is a hat of excellent quality. Not to mention that, I believe, it looks quite nice too!

billysmom

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
That hat look awesome, Sue! is it white?

Nope. Light tan. Would be lighter if I had it cleaned, but then I'd be reluctant to wear it.

rlk - that brim on the milan is outstanding! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
Torpedo said:
QUOTE]

I had the same reservations when I ordered it. A few nights ago I took it out while it was raining. Got fairly wet and took it amazingly. I also rolled it while at dinner and it came right back to its shape after 3 hours of being in my blazer pocket. I have to say that, for the price, it is a hat of excellent quality. Not to mention that, I believe, it looks quite nice too!

I too, have one in the very same colour. Uncomplicated beater. Better than any basaball cap. Lock of London sells them slightly tuned and way upmarket.

For the price? Bought some vintage Borsalini for much less :D :D :D

Aureliano said:
Perfect day in NYC to wear my brand new Christys' Foldaway. I'm loving it.
Here's my second ever picture of myself in this place.

IMG_01421.jpg
Nice look & very nice lid! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I've looked at different places for a Christys' Foldaway but get varying widths on the brim. Some say 2 1/4" but another says 2" front & back with 2 3/8" on sides. There are a few places that say 2 1/2" in UK.
Aureliano, what is your brim width & where did you get it? TIA

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Nice look & very nice lid! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I've looked at different places for a Christys' Foldaway but get varying widths on the brim. Some say 2 1/4" but another says 2" front & back with 2 3/8" on sides. There are a few places that say 2 1/2" in UK.
Aureliano, what is your brim width & where did you get it? TIA

Thanks gtdean. I bought the hat from www.thefedorastore.com At the time I got it the price was somewhere around $160. Maybe $168. I see it has gone up. The brim is 2 1/2 exactly. A little secret I'm going to share with all of you is that the ribbon in my hat is not original. The one it came with was a very purple looking brown. I replaced it with this brownish/greyish ever so slightly thicker than the other.:p

Aureliano said:
Thanks gtdean. I bought the hat from www.thefedorastore.com At the time I got it the price was somewhere around $160. Maybe $168. I see it has gone up. The brim is 2 1/2 exactly. A little secret I'm going to share with all of you is that the ribbom in my hat is not original. The one it came with was a very purple looking brown. I replaced it with this brownish/greyish ever so slightly thicker than the other.:p
Thanks & I like your ribbon work. The Fedora Store had this "unlined with 2-1/4 inch brim". Did yours come with the red tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe