Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanzat

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
That is perfect!
Is it vintage?
You just dont see modern tall crowned Open Roads.
That one suits you well.

Thanks. Not vintage. I bought it at the beginning of summer and I'm still "breaking it in." I don't know if this is true of vintage ORs, but on this one, the stitching of the ribbon allows sweat to pour through the felt. After about two minutes on a hot day, the front of the hat around the ribbon looks like a map of Pacific islands.

But it cleans up just fine, and I have to confess: I'm nuts about this hat.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
NikonSeptember2009002.jpg

Nice hat. Nice outfit. Those shoes man are off the charts!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks. The Jeans are EDWIN, and the shoes are Crocket and Jones, polished many many times in dark and light brown, giving it patina. Jaunty - looks almost stingy your new one! Great Vintages Alan and HBBart...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
handlebar bart said:
Everybody is lookin good today.
My whippet at the fair

Hard to beat the venerable whippet.

Did you spot any other Fedoras at the fair, HB? Any brims at all?

Quite a few cowboy hats, mostly straw. Some panama hats. Some of the cloth fedorish type things, and some of the cloth boonie type hats that are popular in this area. But no other fedoras.[huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Today its my mid brown CampDraft.
hpim4817.jpg

Great hat, Rusty. I kind of did a number on my mid brown CD. I dunked it in a sink of water to crease it, forgetting it is a dark color and our water is soft. As a result the hat changed colors a few shades around the crown where it was wet. :( I've been spraying it down now and then to even out the color again. It's coming along.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Everybody is lookin good today.
My whippet at the fair
fair017.jpg

Nice look, Bart. Aren't those Whippets something else? They are the fedora's fedora as far as I'm concerned.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Nice look, Bart. Aren't those Whippets something else? They are the fedora's fedora as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks RBH, that's a heck of a compliment.

And you have that right Bob. The whippet seems to be the perfect wide ribbon fedora. Dimensionally it works for just about anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe