Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
mcarthur said:
294ot3o.jpg

Optimo milan straw
Nice milan!
I am a fan of the milan straw.
We need to see more about this one!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Thats what I thought Tom!
I would have never thought I would have a 2 3\8s brim... much less want to wear one!
But this hat is damn nice!
Not my favorite width.. but not out of the question now.

I now think I will visit with a 2 1\2 brim and see how we get along! :D

That 2 1/2 inch brim is going to work out real fine for you, Rusty. That Knox looks good on you. They way you wear your brim gives the impression that it is wider than it is.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
50's Champ Kasmir finish

Yesterday and today I'm wearing my last weeks ebay-victory.. it turned out to be a cool hat, pretty low crown for my big head. It fits but is a tad too small for my taste, but I like it very much any way. It has a bit of a 'Popeye Doyle'-flavour to it, dimension-wise that is.. In case anybody is wondering where the bow is, it's on the back of the hat.. pretty cool huh ;) I only need to re-tack the ribbon a little cause the ribbon is a bit loose, perhaps the felt has shrunk over the last decades, I dunno..The orignial price-tag is still inside (8.50 usd). I decided to leave it that way, even though eventually the price-tag will desintegrate while wearing and sweating.. Removed the liner without damaging the interior felt to make it my favourite summer rockabilly-hat!

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi Bolt, nice to see you again! Great hat selection for the comeback!
Mario, that Dobbs suits you finely. Nice ensemble, with good colour coordination (on the sombre side)!
Gene, your straw hat catalogue is awesome! And nice shirt, too.

bolthead

Thanks Torp.....

Torpedo said:
Mario, that Dobbs suits you finely. Nice ensemble, with good colour coordination (on the sombre side)!

Gene this is the original ribbon.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:

Well, thank you, Torp! I have to confess that I have a certain love (and a knack!) for the more sombre side of things...come summer or winter...

Torpedo

One Too Many
Mario said:
Well, thank you, Torp! I have to confess that I have a certain love (and a knack!) for the more sombre side of things...come summer or winter...

Hey, no doubt you manage to work with blacks and greys, and it is fine. I sometimes choose to do so, too, when the mood strikes me, but I have a wider panoply of colours. To each his own.:)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Hey, no doubt you manage to work with blacks and greys, and it is fine. I sometimes choose to do so, too, when the mood strikes me, but I have a wider panoply of colours. To each his own.:)

Well, if I am in the mood, I can show a few more lively colors as well. Like this, for todays evening at the Clash (a local hangout):

mayser_superbe_07_14_09.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
That is certainly not an opinion-buster there, Goose! You look great in that Squatter. The brim width works well for you and you did great work on the crease. As you say, it takes no time to get used to a wider brim. How could you think a confirmed "open Road" devotee could think that was too much brim??? :D
Thanks for the nice post Mr. Paladin...

Here's the other extreme, at least for me, 1 3/4" brim Fuji branded Panama from a great guy, DaizawaGuy!

Perfect timing, up to 97F degrees today and this landed on my porch from my birthland via a very thoughtful and kind gentleman...

591456288_UFivh-M.jpg

Garrett

Lookin' good guys! Thought I'd wear the Flechet I'm currently selling in the classifieds section. Doesn't quite work well with my face but its a nice hat by itself.

Picture0004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe