Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino

Flawless in every way with a finish similar to a Knox Tom n Jerry but more suede like. It has a single stitched over welt and beautiful proportions, 5" crown and a 2' brim. I would say this is a Fifties era hat.
DSCN8741.jpg

DSCN8746.jpg

DSCN8748.jpg

I appologize for not having a tie on. I am a bit jet lagged.

duggap

Banned
Douglas your amazing. How in the world do you manage to come up with such wonderful looking hats. I just wish I could afford your cast offs. Nice looking hat. What do you call that color.:)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS, that Borsalino's got it all, man. Unique color, great finish (no surprise there) and a 2" brim that appears a little bigger than that I assume due to the blocking and flange.

Looking good, pal.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
GORGEOUS hat Douglas, always love to see the outfits you pull together to go with each hat.

DOUGLAS said:
Flawless in every way with a finish similar to a Knox Tom n Jerry but more suede like. It has a single stitched over welt and beautiful proportions, 5" crown and a 2' brim. I would say this is a Fifties era hat.
DSCN8741.jpg

DSCN8746.jpg

DSCN8748.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN8741.jpg

DSCN8746.jpg

DSCN8748.jpg

Love it Douglas, Love it.;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Yes. I love the way the hat goes with the jacket. Makes for a great combo - a marriage made in heaven!
Pity you didn't wear a matching tie...:D

DOUGLAS said:
DSCN8741.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Mario, yes, clarity could be better on that one - but I really like your posts. Great hats worn with the right blend of confidence, enjoyment and panache.

Do I find a trace of irony here, Gene? :p I promise to get me a better camera. With this one I have to stretch my arm out so much that it really hurts (making it hard to flash a smile). Otherwise the photos get this unbecoming pinched fish eye look. Doesn't have a selftimer either. And if it did, it'd only capture me tripping over the guitar on my way to the catwalk... :D

BTW: I am about to make my first purchase on the US Ebay...wish me luck!

billyspew

One Too Many
Gene... great Champ, must start wearing mine a little more.
Douglas... Wonderful colour to that hat.
Dman... Nice hat as usual, you never fail to suprise me with hats I've never seen before.
CC... Your son looks great.
Mario... I agree with CC about the wider brim look.

Mine today is the new Adam Mainliner (strat clone), sorry about th jacket but it was tipping it down this morning.
3569134041_857de6d743_m.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I'm feeling really stingy today: A different kind of vintage...

The year is 1979, the place is London, and in a few hours I'm off to the Marquee to see Echo & The Bunnymen and Siouxie Sioux take the stage... :D

Er...lest I forget: It's my stingy German Seidl with it's 1 1/2 brim.

seidl_05_27_09.jpg

Seriously, though: Tonight I'm DJing at a New Wave/Postpunk party - and I'm going to give the younger guests (those who weren't around back in the day) something to look at as well. ;) Note the winklepickers - they are 'vintage' 1984. Kept them all the time.

marquee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe