Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
3fec55ce03a4352ffdd1bc664bdc5a0c.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a super road trip, Fed. I'd like to see Crater Lake some day (the hatters too - I have a bunch of hats that Art has made for me over the years).

We went for a nice hike by the river today - my Royal Stetson Panama reflected in the wife's sunglasses.

62c4d872a360964238904ea45b2451e5.jpg

That's a Cool Wild Photo David !

still rockin my original Gannon ... my youngest remains hatless currently
aa33b62fc9b6173da360e385f9347477.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Axel looks like Daddy ! What a Handsome young man , and Proud Daddy , children melt your Heart . I know .

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Did you have your Buckaroo redone?? [emoji15]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Yezzzzzzzzzz! I had the brim cut back 1/2 inch and a finished brim ribbon added to match the crown ribbon and a reflange to more of a older vintage style brim and less of a western brim style. I wanted more if a city look and less of a western look.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks David. Very appreciative of your thumbs up." Back at you as your hat rack has some choice hats.

Billy was an inspiration when I first joined the Lounge. His website is still up and I have used it plenty for reference. Adams/Lee threads still exist on the Lounge, but come up fewer times in the past couple of years. I was fortunate at the time, beginning of me recognizing hats, to pick up some Johnny Phi stuff and source others before the market price increases/demands of the past few years. Like you and others - patience and critical eye (usually gained by experience of buying a bunch of keepers and releases) are our learning. My experience is to enjoy the hats I procure. No wish list for me, as the hats will come as they come.

Billy joins a bunch of the older folks who I admired have departed. I miss them and wish them best in their endeavors. Delectans, Aurelio (sp? I do not recall), Randall, Billy and others have departed but they and their lessons are not forgotten. I hesitated to write a few names as I have missed way too many folks and characters. Even our banned fellow (s) I recall of adding some spice and vinegar to the threads. Ahhh, my rookie hat days. Occasionally I query up a few of the topics for hat details or pics I recall.

I had pronounced in the past that I wear my hats and would not keep hats that I do not wear. I still follow that credo. I toss back into the hat fray hats which I do not or will not wear. Jeepers, like others I should consider whether having a different hat a day for months at a time might be a limit.

Anywho, thanks sir. I look forward to seeing the posts from Texas. I hope your wife and you enjoy the southern "country" of Texas.

Eric -

I sure agree with you....too many wonderful people not here now...sad!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Yezzzzzzzzzz! I had the brim cut back 1/2 inch and a finished brim ribbon added to match the crown ribbon and a reflange to more of a older vintage style brim and less of a western brim style. I wanted more if a city look and less of a western look.
Joao will burn you... And I cant blame him for doing so [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken