Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hats conversion of a Buckaroo.
e86cdd04a26e6e35768ec3348735d5ff.jpg
736c33b17dba457ab6939bb6a2dc19eb.jpg
3990e108b5e1a4e35007a3772a513209.jpg

Brim trim and reflange with addition of finished brim binding and wind trolley.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Mrs FedOregon and I drove down south, stopped in to see Mike at NW Hats in Eugene, Oregon, and grabbed a hotel for Friday night in Medford. We then went over to see Art and David at Vintage Silhouettes (what Great guys, talent and a fantastic shop!), then drove over to Crater Lake. Yesterday we drove home the long way, took the Redwood Hwy from Grants Pass, Oregon, toward the coast, hit Hwy 101 headed north and stopped in Brookings at Harris Beach. Finally made it home last night.

Anyway, I wore my Cuenca hat when we went to see Art (completely forgot to take pictures as I was dumbstruck by the tour of VS) and then my ebay Stetson Downs for the remainder of the trip.

i-mxf9bWL-L.jpg

i-KjhRW3N-L.jpg

This morning I donned my best ebay buy yet, an $18 (free shipping!) Wormser Milan:

i-RctfXjJ-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Out this morning wearing a vtg. Adams Magestic.

i-nqs8Mzz-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

You have a great collection of Adam hats Eric. When I see your hats/ I'm always reminded of a British Lounger (I think his name was Billy Pugh) who had an incredible number of great Adam models.

I don't recall seeing him post here for a few years, which is a shame - it is good that you are carrying on the tradition with your super Adam examples.

Your Majestic is fabulous - I have a photo saved of a similar hat that I was always going to use for a model to get a custom made. Somehow never got around to it.

Cheers!
David - 21 Century Man

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks David. Very appreciative of your thumbs up." Back at you as your hat rack has some choice hats.

Billy was an inspiration when I first joined the Lounge. His website is still up and I have used it plenty for reference. Adams/Lee threads still exist on the Lounge, but come up fewer times in the past couple of years. I was fortunate at the time, beginning of me recognizing hats, to pick up some Johnny Phi stuff and source others before the market price increases/demands of the past few years. Like you and others - patience and critical eye (usually gained by experience of buying a bunch of keepers and releases) are our learning. My experience is to enjoy the hats I procure. No wish list for me, as the hats will come as they come.

Billy joins a bunch of the older folks who I admired have departed. I miss them and wish them best in their endeavors. Delectans, Aurelio (sp? I do not recall), Randall, Billy and others have departed but they and their lessons are not forgotten. I hesitated to write a few names as I have missed way too many folks and characters. Even our banned fellow (s) I recall of adding some spice and vinegar to the threads. Ahhh, my rookie hat days. Occasionally I query up a few of the topics for hat details or pics I recall.

I had pronounced in the past that I wear my hats and would not keep hats that I do not wear. I still follow that credo. I toss back into the hat fray hats which I do not or will not wear. Jeepers, like others I should consider whether having a different hat a day for months at a time might be a limit.

Anywho, thanks sir. I look forward to seeing the posts from Texas. I hope your wife and you enjoy the southern "country" of Texas.

Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken