Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
terrific pics of your girls!! Nice Fed IV too

rrog, your Fed IV is very sharp on you! Please tell your girls for me, a lady who loves hats and tea parties, that both of their hats are wonderful and they look so very teaparty princessy!!

rrog said:
I'm not wearing this today, but I did wear my Fed IV when my daughter had her dress up tea party for her seventh birthday party. Here's my pride and joy (I'm talking about my daughers, not the hat!):

Me and Tori:
100_05112.jpg

Me and Marti:
100_05102.jpg

Life doesn't get much better than two beautiful daughers and a nice Akubra Fed IV!

rrog

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful!! Good to see you...

Torpedo, as one of the "Best dressed gentlemen on FL" club members (my own very biased designation)- you've been missed! A great look to share here after having been away... Doncha HATE computer problems- aargh! What a great bowler HAT and your outfit looks perfect with it. The feathers on the hat really add some pizzazz. Love the pointed ends tie- well done, sir!

Torpedo said:
Hello again,

I have been unable to make any contribution for a couple of weeks, because of a problem with my Internet server. Here I am again (this is not intended to be taken as a threat... :D )

I have seen so many fine hats in this thread these past days, that I could not really single out just a few... so hats off to all of you!

I think this is a good occassion for a bowler... this is one of my few modern hats, a Beaver Brand in a brown color known as "Mink".

DSC_0407-3.jpg

Note I have added a green and red feather, with some yellow accents. This goes well with the bowtie, and, I feel, de-formalizes the hat a little bit.

DSC_0408.jpg

Regards!

Goose.

Practically Family
rrog said:
I'm not wearing this today, but I did wear my Fed IV when my daughter had her dress up tea party for her seventh birthday party. Here's my pride and joy (I'm talking about my daughers, not the hat!):
Life doesn't get much better than two beautiful daughers and a nice Akubra Fed IV!

rrog
Nothing but nice lids here.
But wanted to pass on my compliments to you RR and CRH for appreciating what many take for granted.

For me, Sydney Carbon...four days in a row. Guess it's time to rotate.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I feel your pride, Bro!

100_05112.jpg

... and that Fed looks like it's been trough some weather and a few massages and it show it and it looks magnificent :eusa_clap.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chinaski said:
I like that one - it reminds me of my Akubra Lawson. Perfect when accompanied by a setter dog and grain silos. Nice work!

Thanks!

She's a Springer, actually - a flushing dog. Cockers, Springers, Setters - the Spaniels - all come from the same Spanish stock brought to England by the Romans.

The Brittaneys are French and we don't talk about them lol.

Boodles

A-List Customer
A really nice transformation Jack

I had to look up the Stratton F-42 to get an idea of what this looked like before you reworked it. I like the folded brown pug. It kind of reminds me of photos from the old days when it seemed that the pug appeared to be a folded bandana which was wrapped and tucked. Most excellent. Soaked in alcohol leather sweat and all?

Mojave Jack said:
My latest hat, in an attempt to find a good broad brimmed hat that will not fly off while driving the Willys, is a rescued Stratton, probably an F-42 in beige. It came with a black grosgrain, but I added the brown three fold pug just to see how I liked the color combination. I soaked it in denatured alcohol for about a day and a half to soften it up, and rebashed it with a diamond bash. I also ironed out the brim and turned it down for better sun protection. I like the grommets in the brim because I can easily take the chinstrap on and off, so it's not flopping around my ears when I don't need it. I just carry a piece of leather shoestring in my pocket and a cordlock, and instant chinstrap.

0429090640a.jpg

I found that I really like the color combination, and get more compliments on this hat than any other. I will replace the mock-puggaree with something a little better looking at some point, but for now it works pretty well, and doesn't look too bad.

I think I paid about $20 for this hat about 5 or 6 months ago, but it has been sitting around just waiting for the time to bloom. The felt is thick as hell, though, so I'm not sure how well it will work out when the temps starting hitting 110 around here. Still,it is just about bulletproof, and should be the perfect Willys hat.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Outside Akasaka Palace in my Fuji blocked Panama...

Hats008-1.jpg

Akasaka Palace is a former imperial residence that functions today as the State Guesthouse

Designed by the architect Katayama Tokuma (a pupil of Josiah Conder), the Neo-baroque structure was constructed between 1899 and 1909 as a residence for the Crown Prince. The building has 15,000 m² of floor space, and, together with a smaller structure in the Japanese style, occupies a 117,000 m² site.

rrog

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
rrog, your Fed IV is very sharp on you! Please tell your girls for me, a lady who loves hats and tea parties, that both of their hats are wonderful and they look so very teaparty princessy!!

Thank you chanteuseCarey, I will tell them. Tori just loves to dress up and will be thrilled to get such a compliment. Have a good day.

rrog

rrog

A-List Customer
Goose. said:
But wanted to pass on my compliments to you RR and CRH for appreciating what many take for granted.

I don't take it for granted at all. I'm blessed more than I deserve and as people often tell me (usually people whose kids are grown), I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it. My girls aren't teenagers yet and are still fun to be around! ;)

rrog

rrog

A-List Customer
CRH said:
Thanks!

She's a Springer, actually - a flushing dog. Cockers, Springers, Setters - the Spaniels - all come from the same Spanish stock brought to England by the Romans.

The Brittaneys are French and we don't talk about them lol.

CRH, you are definitely my kind of dog person!

rrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe