Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Nokabout

MalloryNokabout-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
That Nokabout color and ribbon are just about perfect, JtL--fantastic.

jpbales

Practically Family
I wore my new Campdraft today

in case you didn't happen to look in either of the other two threads I posted in, here's my new Campdraft ;)

campdraftportrait2.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
lookin good!

nice hat! I like the two-tones too! I've always wanted a pair, but my fiancee apparently hates them, and I have no idea why. I think they're great! Someday I'll get some anyway tho ;)

Michaelshane said:

Goose.

Practically Family
HPG...What a GREAT avatar with you in that hammock!!!:eusa_clap
JPBales...great pic with that nice smile too.

Anyway, for me, Federation IV D Moonie at Lowe's parking lot. Wife wanted to stop at the garden center to get some crap...well, she likes it and if she's happy that means the world to me.
heart-emoticon.gif

Plus, I now I don't feel so bad ordering my Fed IV Black ;)

514228783_3KHii-M.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
late 30s raffia straw-worn Thurs

The red veiling is not in good shape any longer, but a nice hat all the same. The under brim is cream colored, the top is a soft red with red velvet ribbon and a cream rose. This little flat hat style complements the chinese style printed blouse very nicely I think.
361643633.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
chanteuseCarey said:
The red veiling is not in good shape any longer, but a nice hat all the same. The under brim is cream colored, the top is a soft red with red velvet ribbon and a cream rose. This little flat hat style complements the chinese style printed blouse very nicely I think.
361643633.jpg

I think everything goes perfectly!!! :) That is a beautiful outfit. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks, buler and gents, for the comments on the Nokabout. I've got to say, this is easily one of my favorite lids. Very comfortable, nice thickness to the felt -- a perfect hat for what I like to call "knocking about." :D I really do love the ribbon/felt color combo, as well.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, gtd. I guess the best way to describe the color is to say that it is a blue/gray that varies in appearance, depending on the lighting conditions. The photo I just posted has not been altered in any way in terms of color, brightness, contrast, etc., and it provides a very accurate portrayal of the color of the lid -- when it's out of direct sunlight, the hat definitely is a light blue. In direct sunlight, however, the gray tones are more prominent and the hat appears to be more of a light gray with a blue tone to it. Long answer to your question, I know...;)

Cheers,
JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
two generations of vintage fedora wearers

Our 12-3/4 yo son and my DH, pic taken yesterday Thurs 4/16. Worn in afternoon to visit with 90yo WWII widow, and to the CA Pops Orchestra dress rehearsal in the evening.

Young Daniel is wearing his stingy brim charcoal grey-green Towncraft, also his vintage WWII USN shirt. The yellow "ruptured duck" honorable discharge patch can be seen in the picture. Hubby Chuck has on his medium lt. grey Lord Buckley "Buckley Form-Fit" from Ed Michaud of Montreal, also his vintage 40s DB navy pinstripe suit with an early 40s red,white and blue silk tie.
361670889.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
another pic of yesterday's hat....

Sorry I didn't get this up with the other pic as we got home very late from the Pops rehearsal. Here is a good closeup showing this red and cream late 30s raffia straw hat, a really cute hat. Sorry for the terrible reflection on my vintage 40s eyeglasses, a friend took it for me. The print chinese blouse and clip earrings are also vintage. I had just had my hair done in SF, vintage styled to wear with this hat and outfit.
361674675.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Goose, that Fed' AND the Bogart from the other thread look great on you! Diggin' the profile shots.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy... You KILL me with some of those hats of yours. What a super lid in awesome condition.

Carey, The fam' and you look wonderful, just wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe