Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
What size you wear Bob? We'll get you fixed up!

2rfygwl.jpg
Lol. Size 9. I'd be afraid to ruin those beauties on the street!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
2f76a83b830825682172622188fd64cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can wear western boots and drive Volvos. I do it every day. Almost always wearing a western hat for that matter. If not a western then a fedora. Wearing a larger brimmed hat while driving is a safety feature. No need to take hands off wheel to move sun visor, you just tip your head in the direction needed to block sun.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You can wear western boots and drive Volvos. I do it every day. Almost always wearing a western hat for that matter. If not a western then a fedora. Wearing a larger brimmed hat while driving is a safety feature. No need to take hands off wheel to move sun visor, you just tip your head in the direction needed to block sun.
That you can. I wear a hat every day and drive a Volvo but didn't wear my westerns this year. :(

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Thanks for the likes and comments. Always appreciated.
I'm wearing my new to me high crown, wide brim Vanzina today. Or, as I call it, Vanzilla.

5e855b937fe28493c1c01de768d9c2e2.jpg
9a711c551d56eed9984e6a5a03cfa888.jpg
32be8c329dacbe1a7dcbffa74af92c73.jpg

My first sharkgill bow, and also the first hat I have found with an elastic wind trolley. Might have to use it if the howling winds of yesterday return.
Have a great day!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good afternoon. This morning found me in a Cordova linen cap.

i-XtrkLbn-M.jpg

Like Bob suede shoes were de rigor at my home also. Alas no cowboy boots.

i-P6cqNFr-M.jpg

This afternoon I will be out in my fav milan. I will always be thankful for now less-active forum member, Robert, for his offering this fine milan for sale to me.

i-zmGW24j-M.jpg

i-QmHbzNf-M.jpg

i-2Trm4T9-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Eric, After considering everyone's comments last evening regarding my new Milan, I decided after all not to go with the Gambler. I hate being wishy-washy, and I especially try to avoid causing problems for others, but when I thought about the money I was spending I thought it'd be best to order something I won't hesitate to wear. The straw hat shown above is exactly the kind that I pine for when I see them (very occasionally) on Ebay, so I'm going to ask Art Fawcett if he could replicate that style. What a beauty, and thanks for posting the pics. Very timely.

Hey all!
Thanks for the likes and comments. Always appreciated.
I'm wearing my new to me high crown, wide brim Vanzina today. Or, as I call it, Vanzilla.

5e855b937fe28493c1c01de768d9c2e2.jpg
9a711c551d56eed9984e6a5a03cfa888.jpg
32be8c329dacbe1a7dcbffa74af92c73.jpg

My first sharkgill bow, and also the first hat I have found with an elastic wind trolley. Might have to use it if the howling winds of yesterday return.
Have a great day!
Moe that hat has a nice vintage look to it. I like your look in the wider brims that you have.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Eric, After considering everyone's comments last evening regarding my new Milan, I decided after all not to go with the Gambler. I hate being wishy-washy, and I especially try to avoid causing problems for others, but when I thought about the money I was spending I thought it'd be best to order something I won't hesitate to wear. The straw hat shown above is exactly the kind that I pine for when I see them (very occasionally) on Ebay, so I'm going to ask Art Fawcett if he could replicate that style. What a beauty, and thanks for posting the pics. Very timely.
Good choice. There's so many different hats and styles to like.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your pics always look great!!
You are too kind, thank you.
But I would love to actually see a hat sometime.
Problem is, I'm useless at photographing myself. Bought a selfie stick, couldn't get it to work, put it back in it's box, and there it sits.
But, just for you, I've enlisted the help of Mrs Wiggins, a wig mannequin. When my wife does a ladies hair vintage style, she practices on Mrs Wiggins. Here she is posing in the same hat.
hats 025.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! CK from DSW shoes. Inexpensive. $99. DSW has B&M stores all over Ct. I believe its a national discount chain. They're on the web too.
Thanks. There's one just up the road from where I live. I'll also see if I can order them online. Comfortable?
BTW, your comment last evening regarding golfing hats caused me so much tossing and turning in bed that my wife made me get up and change the order. The last time I was on a golf course was one evening when I was in high school. I recall beer and pursuing police officers to have been involved. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remytwotimes