Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyK

One Too Many
Wess that ribbon is crazy. Still a cool hat just the same, adds a little variety here!
2016-04-26%2010.35.34_zpsqmpe2bud.jpg

2016-04-26%2010.35.42_zpsdwna3pbf.jpg

3X Open Road
The older of the two I have and it has a 3 inch brim!
2016-04-26%2010.40.49_zpskibcgodq.jpg

Almost as thin and floppy as it's Borsalino cousins
2016-04-26%2010.32.00_zpssytljxlz.jpg

I love that one Jim

I'm a huge sucker for a hat that looks like that

Well, I was tipped off to buy it from a fellow who said he wouldn't wear it - wait a minute, it was you!! :p

Sort of a dark day here today with storms predicted for later. It may be one of the last times for wearing a black felt for this season. Ritch Rand Tom Horn (sorry for the under exposure).

Black hat Tuesday?

Oddball hat today. 1940s Hopkins. Hard to find things that match this crazy ribbon.

That's a great looking hat, Wesslyn!

Last edited:
I had a young lady tell me the other day that a black felt was the only acceptable hat for evening wear. Leave the white straws at home when the sun goes down.
If you're outside after dark or inside a club or saloon with the AC on, then felt is felt. Doesn't matter what color it is. I agree with her; felt is always considered more formal or dressier for the occasion.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Wess that ribbon is crazy. Still a cool hat just the same, adds a little variety here!
2016-04-26%2010.35.34_zpsqmpe2bud.jpg

2016-04-26%2010.35.42_zpsdwna3pbf.jpg

3X Open Road
The older of the two I have and it has a 3 inch brim!
2016-04-26%2010.40.49_zpskibcgodq.jpg

Almost as thin and floppy as it's Borsalino cousins
2016-04-26%2010.32.00_zpssytljxlz.jpg
Awesome hat! I have an older OR with really thin felt as well - very similar to my Borsalinos. The felt is so thin and pliable I can change the bash on a whim with absolutely no steam. That one you have there is a gem! And I love the last photo with the Borsalinos!

tumblr_nlizd4ORzj1sbdkygo1_1280.jpg
...1940s Hopkins. Hard to find things that match this crazy ribbon.

Change the ribbon then?! Gorgeous felt; classic, conservative brim binding!! As Moon (and others, I'm sure) wants to know, did that hat come to you with the ribbon? I'm a slow typist and you beat me to the punch with an answer here. I still wonder if it wasn't attached by a hatted hippy in 1969.

Last edited:

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Change the ribbon then?! Gorgeous felt; classic, conservative brim binding!! As Moon (and others, I'm sure) wants to know, did that hat come to you with the ribbon?
Yup. Considering the age of it, it's always possible it's not original but it really seems lie it is. I like how strange it is. I'm a sucked for tacky patterns and I've got other grey hats with "normal" ribbons for when I'm feeling a bit more conservative.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
View attachment 48844

Change the ribbon then?! Gorgeous felt; classic, conservative brim binding!! As Moon (and others, I'm sure) wants to know, did that hat come to you with the ribbon? I'm a slow typist and you beat me to the punch with an answer here. I still wonder if it wasn't attached by a hatted hippy in 1969.
Bonus points for Jethro Tull, by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael