Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks fellas.

You asked if you did well to obtain the one you've got. I think so - in spades! Not confident to say whether it's '40s or '50s but it is obvious it's from an era when "Sovereign" really meant somethin'.

Thanks Gene. I'm just tickled to finally have one, you guys wear the open roads so well I had to join the club. I'm hoping someone can help get the age of the hat dialed in. Its got the original $20 price tage and the round 1/8 size tag[huh]

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
3371606228_2b46d9dbf5.jpg

]

Feet schmeet - Carter, that is superb. One of the oldest of any of the Lounger's hats and absolutely fantastic in every way!!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Feet schmeet - Carter, that is superb. One of the oldest of any of the Lounger's hats and absolutely fantastic in every way!!!
Thanks, Gene, and everyone else who liked this hat. It doesn't see the light of day very often and probably won't because it's old and somewhat fragile. It cost less than of any other hat in my collection but has some of the greatest intrinsic value because I have a copy of the letter that was in the hat. The letter probably belonged to the original owner. I collect and wear old hats for their history as well as their rarity and the quality of the materials. When I find an old hat with a letter or an original sales receipt, I'm just thrilled.

Torpedo

One Too Many
indycop said:
Wore my VS today and also gave the Det. Sgt. a fedora. I showed him the Atl. hat squad article and he has been commenting on mine so we will see if he starts wearing one.

GEDC0521-1.jpg

So, ICop, are you attempting to create a "Hat Squad"? I must add, if you succeed and the other members strike such an impressive image as you, this is going to be a really intimidating bunch to those in the wrong side of law!

May I ask what fedora did you choose for your Sgt?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:

Very cool, Carter. I like the new ribbon.

What I really like, though, is what you have to say about the historical dimension of the lid. I think that has got to be one of the things about collecting/wearing vintage lids that really connects for a lot of us here.

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats, everyone. I gotta love all these thin ribbons. Must've been thin ribbon Friday yesterday. I wore my glen gray Campdraft. No pic. Sorry.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Siverbelly Campdraft

Sunny day today; I had to go down to Paris so I wore my Campdraft. I got a lot of stares!
Picture090.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo; my camera has been acting weird lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82