Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I need more sleep
3369829843_b99a0887e8.jpg

Not Hat today, wearing a Helmet because...

It is SPRING & I rode my motorcycle to work! :D
Still haven't solved the rolled/crushed snap brim in the saddlebags delimma.
It was 42 degrees & at 70mph that is a bit chilly but so worth it & ride home should be excellent. Got a serious case of helmet hair so some lid is going on this evening, may get to post that one...;)
I need a swoopy motorcycle helmet!!!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Got a serious case of helmet hair so some lid is going on this evening, may get to post that one...;)
I need a swoopy motorcycle helmet!!!

I like how one of the symptoms of "hat obsession" that we witness here is the pondering of what hats we will wear in our future, and how we get excited when circumstances put us in the right place to wear a particular hat in our future. :rolleyes:

ScionPI2005 said:
I like how one of the symptoms of "hat obsession" that we witness here is the pondering of what hats we will wear in our future, and how we get excited when circumstances put us in the right place to wear a particular hat in our future. :rolleyes:
I've done this with styles of boots that I like because makers discontinue the styles & the new versions are just not the same & I've started doing in with styles of vintage hats cause I know they don't make any more. I'll try & get 2 identical & put 1 away for when I retire the other which I have in my rotation to wear. Talking about pondering what I'll be wearing in the distance future, just not the near future....:eek: :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
...we see how a tan hat fits well on top of a blue ensemble. ;)

Thanks, Torp.

It also has that brown ribbon. The trousers I wore were a muted brown patterned deal with pleats & cuffs. The shoes & belt were a deep orange-ish/brown. The pocket square is a combo of yellow/gold detail and reddish detail so it optically reads in the orange range. Back to the hat; it has a small orange feather.

So, it all seemed to tie in together in a way that matches and plays also on color opposites. I've always preferred the look of a hat that 'pops' on top of the outfit more than one that totally blends with it.

But then I look at the snappy way Jaunty puts it together and I realize it's not a right or wrong thing, just a preference.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
That's an interesting 'Indiana Outback' hat you've got going on there. A little stingy on the brim though, don'tcha' think? ;)

I can't seem to make it hold that tight front pinch.

kiltie

Practically Family
Playboy

I don't usually like to post the same hat over and over on this thread, unless it's a special occasion or whatever. In this case however, I have to make an exception. You've all seen this one, but apart from breaking in my new Adventurebilt, this one has been on my head at least four times the last week and a half. It's not my favorite, but it is by far the most comfortable. It's warming up so the no liner thing is a bonus, too. This hat just feels darn good - great fit.

IMG_0979.jpg

Jauntyone

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
But then I look at the snappy way Jaunty puts it together and I realize it's not a right or wrong thing, just a preference.

Wow, what a complement! All I can say is that I can't hold a candle to you and the other regular posters in the hat section, but I do have fun. And I have a lot of great examples to learn from!

carter

I'll Lock Up
This one is [probably] a turn-of-the-century Italian straw. I found the body at a yard sale along with a letter, dated 1903, in the hat. The lady I bought it from bought it at a flea market in San Francisco in the 70's. I paid $1.00 for it.
I kept the body and eventually had Jimmy Pierce block it and add a sweatband and ribbon. The entire hat weighs less than 6 oz. I'm afraid it'll blow off my head and I'll never know it's gone.

3370536111_48ca76ff2f.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
This one is [probably] a turn-of-the-century Italian straw. I found the body at a yard sale along with a letter, dated 1903, in the hat. The lady I bought it from bought it at a flea market in San Francisco in the 70's. I paid $1.00 for it.
I kept the body and eventually had Jimmy Pierce block it and add a sweatband and ribbon. The entire hat weighs less than 6 oz. I'm afraid it'll blow off my head and I'll never know it's gone.

Carter, well done :eusa_clap Can we see a few close ups?

RBH

Bartender
carter said:

Now that is sweet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82