Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annual straw-felt rotation in the hat room today... uncovering some old treasures.

092715_1.jpg

092715_2.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bob, Moon, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. The pictures don't do this hat justice. I agree, Moon. I even said the very thing you did when I was talking to John G. about it. It looks like hats I would see in movies from the very late '30s to the very early '40s. I couldn't be happier with this hat. John did a great job on the conversion. All I contributed was the creasing and the ribbon work.

foamy

A-List Customer
Some great stuff today. You guys (and gal) always amaze me. Always.

tommyK, love that Royal Stetson—particularly the bash. Makes me think of a State Fair back in the day. Like it bunches.

Esther, you bring new life to anything you wear. I like the styling on the band. Unique.

hatsRme, I do believe that's my favorite hat I've seen you in. Dig the brown and copper colors! That's a rock'in combo.

Bob in the big 'ol Fed. Looking good. I can see why it's your favorite hat—you look great in it.

moon, that Knox looks like it grew on you. Between you and Alan, you fellas wear every hat like it was made for you.

moehawk, nice straw, I'm a bit envious that it's still that warm where you're at. I'm comfortable in my straws and am beginning to lament Summer's passing.

T Jones, what can I say that hasn't been said? I'm in full agreement with everyone's comments on that hat. Perfect bow and color.

Alan, you make every hat you wear look good. That Nutria is a veritable shade tree—great color. Real nice shot of the sweat band.

Patchkno, welcome. I'm a newbie as well and am finding that hats are somewhat addicting. This site and folks that populate it are one big enabler.

Chamuco, at the Barrel Horse Championships—that'd be the hat to wear. I don't know that I've seen fancier trim work—it looks great!

I hope everyone is having wunnerful Sunday. I should have been sailing today, but racing got cancelled. It doesn't hurt my feelings too much as my arms still feel stretched out from yesterday's outing, it's blowing right fair around here. Cheers, from the Land of Pleasant Living!

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
Alan;
That is a treasure, it eclipses even my best custom.
It is pleasant to know that you own it and wont desecrate it by cutting the brim
Patch; great first post. Welcome aboard
Chamuco, I like the denim colour
Moon; tonite is moon nite, excellent Knox
Esther; always an interesting band or ribbon
Bob , is that a telescopic crease in the Fed?
Terry, very nice even if trimmed

Lady and gents, Happy Sunday. I'm having some posting issues with images this weekend so can't share in the fun, but I haven't been under anything you haven' t seen before, this weekend. Everybody is sporting some mighty fine chapeaus today - too numerous to take in. I'm liking the look of those Fed IVs everybody keeps taunting me with, and a special shout out to Terry for his conversion. Classic indeed. And frankly, I'm glad I was sitting down when I saw Alan's post. This weekend brings the Dayton Art Institute's Oktoberfest to the neighborhood, so plenty of front porch sitting and people watching as everybody parks and goes to the festival. Imagine a scary hairy guy under a nice hat on his front porch. :cool:

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY foamy and T.Jones.
T, how can you possibly continue to scowl with that Nutria on? I'd be grinning ear to ear if I were wearing that.
Speaking of Nutria, that is indeed a treasure, Alan.
Welcome, Patch! I'm guessing this won't be your last fedora.:) They are addictive

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Alan;
That is a treasure, it eclipses even my best custom.
It is pleasant to know that you own it and wont desecrate it by cutting the brim
Patch; great first post. Welcome aboard
Chamuco, I like the denim colour
Moon; tonite is moon nite, excellent Knox
Esther; always an interesting band or ribbon
Bob , is that a telescopic crease in the Fed?
Terry, very nice even if trimmed
No my friend. Simple centerdent w abt 1/2 in. drop front to back.

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
I played my 1922 VV-50 today at a local car show while sporting a 1920s Stetson 'Select Quality' Bowler. It's one of my favorite hats!

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
T Jones said:
In my rotation for today I'm wearing a Stetson Nutria conversion that John Galt gave to me as a gift. He did a great job on this hat. I really like it. Since I enjoy doing my own ribbon work he also sent me some ribbon along with the hat. Thanks again John...

A_My_Nutria_01.jpg

Terry,

You are very welcome! It looks great. In response to your modest second post, I will say that a quality hat takes several well executed steps. I can only take credit for the first few - cleaning, blocking, foot making (very important, that one) pouncing & sweatband. The color combination choice, great ribbon work, and sweet crease are all you buddy. That crown block is a gem though, and I'm glad we finally found you one. You wear it well!

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Ester, that’s a great looking hat and I like that leather hat band.

HatsRme, Looking good in that Lee, the colors really are sharp.

Moon, that’s a fine looking Knox.

Moehawk, that straw looks very comfortable.

T.Jones, sweet looking Nutria, and you did an outstanding job on the ribbon!

Bob, I like the crease you put in that Fed IV.

Alan, yet another awesome Nutria Stetson, that brim looks extra wide in the photo, is that 3+ inches?

Welcome to the club Patchkno, that’s a great first fedora and it suits you. I started with a Scala about two years ago and never looked back. (22+ hats now). They probably should have put a warning label
on them cautioning that they are addictive.

Chamuco, the Cattleman looks great on you, and the hat badge makes it look very highway patrolish.

Harv, you and your wife are looking really sharp there! Sweet FP

Yesteryear, you are looking very dapper in that derby. I don’t wear mine enough but now that it’s getting cooler I’ll start wearing three piece suits again, and the derbies should get more time in the rotation.

John Galt

Vendor
No hat work for me this weekend. Two hats and two cords of wood cut & stacked.

First this hat:

39309e3fade86737558d80430055b16a.jpg

Then this hat, a Nutria Brand nutria gaucho hat.

e0be7696ed339ff0ff9cc122130b3829.jpg

1a087e404f43ad4bece16a4ce8d3ecdd.jpg

If anyone is wondering, blue oak on the right, black on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az