Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think we just had better furs in the US... Though that is an assumption. Some Borsalinos from the day seem to be... hmm.. dry I guess is the word and they crack... at least the older ones that aren't doing well. Others like that bone colored one that was STOLEN were just a perfect felt.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Marc, nice, very nice. I wouldn't worry too much about that bluish tint in some of the pictures. It happens under a blue sky, and it isn't unpleasant, at all. If you really want to avoid it, a "skylight" filter will help for film. Since all pics here are digital (whether they started that way, or not) your photo software (i.e. photoshop) will have a color correction capability. The auto correct doesn't always do it. The manual color correction takes a bit of practice. For my money, your hat looks great either way! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Extremely modified Open Road.
IMG_0210.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
SWEET BABY JANE!!!!!
Man ... there has been some great hats here lately!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You ain't kidding, RBH!

Mr. Lucky, extremely modified is right! It certainly took the mods well--it looks great and you wear it well.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Weekender

OK, so it's not the weekend. I was wearing a lavender shirt and tie, the Weekender has a deep purple ribbon. :)

18Sep07StetsonWeekender.jpg

It doesn't look yellow to me, but what do I know? (Dick Tracy comment heard while wearing it today.)

Cheers,
Tom

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind comments!

Jeff - I cut the brim down to 2 1/4, rebashed the crown with a channel and front pinch and added a vintage grosgrain ribbon.

Dean - It's JUST comin' back into felt season out here in ol' SoCal. I promise you a shot of the Huckel in the very, very near future.

Tango Yankee - Love the hat, dig the ribbon. Nicely done.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dean - It's JUST comin' back into felt season out here in ol' SoCal. I promise you a shot of the Huckel in the very said:
Cool. joke And I must say, Lucky, I'm very impressed with your modification work, just wish you had more angles/views of that OR. Love the eyeglasses, as I indicated in the thread about them. Your look is creative and unique. Probably due to being a writer.

dean

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
Love the Week Ender Tango Yankee. Is yours vented?

Thanks, Douglas! No, the hat itself isn't vented. It has a standard Royal Stetson liner. The sweatband, though, has an interesting vent pattern cut into it at the front:

StetsonRoyalStetsonWeek-Endersweata.jpg

Great Knox, BTW. I love that high crown and wide ribbon look! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe