Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have worn my mint green University Club, but I didn't think fast enough. Amazing how much fun it is to attend graduation even when it isn't your kid.

ingineer

One Too Many
i have no pride following Alan with this inexpensive Panama that i'd had to steam after the aids threw into a corner. Dang it is too hot here, 31 C

tommyK

One Too Many
Great day for hats, Gentlemen!
Alan, That looks like a good time and a candidate for the "Fedoras afield" thread

ebd608bf-bd8c-4870-8828-36529331406d_zps4u1jcgg8.jpg
My attempt at a VMT style shot. Playboy

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
351a1d50f5edbb6aa5b2dd253fe53328.jpg

I almost wore a derby today, I'm very glad the Fed IV won out.

Jeff, the pipe from yesterday is a Bjarne Nelson packed with the last of my Edwards Supreme. (sadly it has been discontinued.)

Fruno, thanks for the compliment, The CEO is my favorite casual hat (fedora wise that is)

There were a TON of great hats today!

S4C-Love that shirt and bow-tie combo. I just picked my first one up at K&G the other day, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice to sit here in the thunderstorm seeing all those cool straw hats today.

The F4 was a good choice for your rainy weather Lt. Scott!

BSHW for me this evening

smugshot_3614224-L.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Lt I love your whole overall look ... like you walked strait out of the 1940s or '50s .... dig it

tonight on a warm night my 70s-ish Park Plaza straw is doing me just fine

IMG_2153.jpg

...I steamed the sides then just sort of pushed them up using my palm in a sort of wiping motion a few times then steamed the front and pulled it strait and that is what happened. the back is factory.

I'm still sort of getting it where I want it...
Looks good to me as is. And thank you Sir! I don't have an adequate way to apply steam to my hats, so I suppose I'll have to try this with distilled water instead...once I select which hat to alter, that is. :D

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Hi Zombie_61,

I don't have a steamer, but I do have a small boiler that I fill with a small amount of water, then cover most of the top with aluminum foil. I keep one part raised like a spout at the edge of the pot, which works well at directing the steam as the water heats. Hope this helps.

Nice start to the day, guys. That Strat is sweet, S4C. And your Shudde Bros. is great, hatophile - the tie is a nice combo.

Luisa Hat (D'Aquino)

AMvrNMLm.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I was under the weather this weekend, so didn't get around much. Today, a lightweight 8-dart from Barry...

15cd3db01fb053bd69322fa726acac77.jpg

66caae87515a71bfe0c55ae8c18f9e64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice cap, Greg - hope you are feeling better.

I'm hoping for some straw hat weather before too long, but in the meantime, a 40's Whippet

smugshot_221846-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe