Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today this Mix.
20150525.jpg

Later changed to my hat but no picture

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
There are just too many fantastic hats today. Joao that is beautiful, perfect for gleaming in the sun out there.
David, the penman black cherry is sublime, and so are those amazing storm clouds. Hope you all stay safe and dry.
G Durand, iconic perfection with that OR.
Javadave, I admire that crease and brim as is. But yeah-- wear it hard!
Moontheloon, digging the look in general. Nice hat, nice wayfarers. I don't know if I'd ever have the patience for that kind of beard, though I think it would be great.

Lt hats, that is a great shot. Nice saddle bit billiard too. What pipe is it? And what kind of blend do you have in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I wore my Borsalino trionfo today. Closest thing I'll probably ever get to an indy hat, but i don't expect to hear too many Indy comments.

26a20db946c08e77ca0858508a13c24c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments, guys. I believe this has been the wettest May in the area for 100 years.

Looking a bit better tonight though - here's an iPhone panorama from our patio (downtown Ft Worth to the left and the Trinity River going through the scene). We get great sunsets here.

smugshot_329351-L.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
Nice hat for the Memorial Day weekend

Spent the holiday weekend at home.
Out in the yard with the cats and my wife I wore my new (to me) Disney Twenty
be4c007d-6cc9-41b2-89b1-200a86f7284f_zpsvevu2bxk.jpg ea5345d2-ba46-4dcf-8f57-718bbd34f832_zps9h8nxi81.jpg
For grilling today a Royal Stetson
03833e1c-be05-4407-bf06-c0b6a69c05ec_zpsaaupeamw.jpg

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Wearing my Cavanagh today. Still working on getting the crease the way I want it. The pinch doesn't seem to want to stay in the left side

Nice Cavanagh. FWIW, what's worked for me when reshaping stubborn hats was to steam it twice. Once to shape it, then let it cool/dry, then steam it again to set it. I saw it on a YouTube video.

Excellent Holiday weekend showing, guys. I gotta get in on that CD goodness sometime soon. My new Akubra has convinced me I should order another.

Everybody looks great, but Lt. Hats, that's a great shot! Love that CEO. And great Disney, Tommy - glad you were able to pick up that gem.

Joao, we need a name for your hat. My hat is nice, but something a little more, um, marketable? Chefe das Planícies?

I was a bit photo posting challenged over the weekend. Saturday was a multi hat day; the morning had me running errands in my Panama Bob Special

Then a little yard work, topped off by our annual lobster boil, wearing the hat that started it all, my Ole Panama from Old San Juan

cWkUXdKm.jpg

Sunday, off for more errands in the Adam Executive,

LFzvaJmm.jpg

Then off to the blues show downtown in my Panama Bob Special

CyW50pAm.jpg

Yesterday, I paid my respects to my parents, who haven't been around in a while. Dad was a Corpman in WWII. So I decided to show him my Milan Stratoliner, as he gave me my love for airplanes and flight.

6MihAxZm.jpg

Today, Tuesday morning TONAK coming down...

3etIEakm.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I really like the way you've shaped your Campdraft, and I think it's dimensions perfectly compliment the shape of your face and your wonderful beard. If I may ask, how did you flatten the front and rear of the brim, yet retain that graceful side-to-side curve?

thank you sir for your kinds words

I steamed the sides then just sort of pushed them up using my palm in a sort of wiping motion a few times
then steamed the front and pulled it strait and that is what happened.
the back is factory.

I'm still sort of getting it where I want it

Thank you Jeff ;)

Nice beard moontheloon

thank you sir.... to you the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe