Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Alan!

Also wanted to congratulate Mark (S4C) on the Cavanagh Find!!! That looks to be very similar to the one I stumbled upon two weeks ago. Block #301, or 302, Mark?

GregNYC

One Too Many
Miami, that's fantastic - not only are they great photos, but as you teach the value of reading, you also imprint the imagery of a fine piece of headgear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Casual and cool day perfect for this fedora converted/rehabed from a Stetson Catera

20150522_101732.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
The liner is tacked down and I didn't want to risk popping the thread. Anyway, it seems to be adjusting to the soft diamond crease that I eased into it this morning. Might take a bit more steam to adjust it a bit, but I'm happy with it.

tommyK

One Too Many
Fruno-I could look at that Akubra everyday and not tire of it
S4C-What a glorious find. Love the frayed ribbon and Cavanagh edge.
Case-The CRM is a favorite along with the whole outfit! I especially like the retro Denim jacket with the Converse
Miami-Just Wow! What a great pic. I think I'd make a 20' by 30' of that and hang it on the wall.
Greg-always impeccable style even in casual mode
hRme-Fantastic crease in that Panama! Perfect summer time fair
Roger-Excellent conversion, great to see you here
Alan-words can not express the sublime beauty of that Borsalino Misto

e5d96958-10a8-42b8-8b37-953f65f8ea6c_zps1hhh89mv.jpg 69c5aa0c-3447-447a-801f-298fb480cc2b_zpsng4sxzgp.jpg
Royal Stetson summer beater
More Stratoliner than Open Road but not quite either. Reminds me of Java's Royal Deluxe a little

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks Moon, It shaped up well but it's got ground in dirt and spots that are never coming out. Fine with me, it's still vintage Stetson quality, I got it cheap and I'll wear it on the hottest most humid days this summer and save the nicer hats for cooler days.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon, It shaped up well but it's got ground in dirt and spots that are never coming out. Fine with me, it's still vintage Stetson quality, I got it cheap and I'll wear it on the hottest most humid days this summer and save the nicer hats for cooler days.

I love hats like that

back in the day when men were men and wore hats .... the average guy had one or two hats .... and they wore them ... wore them into the ground

today so many of us baby these things .... myself included

there is a peace of mind when wearing these "beater" hats that I wish I had with every hat I own.... but I don't

it makes me long for the days of old .... my grandfathers days.... when you had a hat and you wore it

beautiful slice... beater or not

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Gents,

Thanks for the compliments, but they must go to the Photo teacher for the shots, and to JC Pennys Marathon hats for the lid.

Alan - I LOVE the Borsalino Misto. I had one once and it was great. A very cool hat indeed.
hatsRme - great straw. Tis the season!

javadave61

Practically Family
S4C, I saw a Knox with a Cavanaugh Edge in an antique store recently, but I passed on it as the brim was a bit too stingy. But it fit my 7 3/8 head and was under $30. I keep wondering if I made a mistake. It's probably still there. Hmmm... Yours looks great.

Tommy, my Royal Deluxe has cleaned up so nicely, is so versatile, and has such nice felt that I have officially declared it my favorite hat.

We're beaching it this weekend for the holiday. Still a bit chilly, so I brought furs and straws along. This is my Trimble, which pulls down nice and comfortably snug in the face of the ocean breeze.

64dcf3b6e6b373c3b997f27cddc939c7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe