Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Perry's RIGHT ON! Again.

Miket5r, the Tablelands is tops! A great look for you, sir.

Today my Black Sheep in dark moss...

Nothing better than a pic of a hat doing it's job ......catching the snow to keep it off the noggin...lol. Man you have been getting hammered with snow hatsrme!!! You have held up well...lol....congrats!!!!!!!

g.durand

One Too Many
hRm--the dark moss Black Sheep is spectacular. Wow! I'm starting to think I need something green...

Roger-- what a nice OR. Take that baby out of the box and give it some air!

T Jones--I don't envy your weather, but I envy your hat. Nice Nutria.

New Jack--that is awesome. I love the way you creased that Strat.

I took off for Saturday morning errands in a Playboy.
FullSizeRender-2_zpsxss32bps.jpg

tooling around today...

Tommy I burst out laughing when reading about tooling around in such a incredibly beautiful Homburg! Yes! It DOES work for you, IMO!! Tool on!:yo:

Mike, the Playboy is luscious! Yes, Green is good.

Triple D thank you! Yes we've had our share of fun this year for sure. Gotta embrace it, or you won't make it. Or medicate. (Kidding)

Terry that convo is so classy, sir... makes snow shoveling look easy! Sort of.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tommy you can wear the homburg with nonchalance.
This is my way to wear it.
Durand the Playboy is one of my favourite of yours.
Charlie your resurgence from the snow is quite a miracle

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
hRm--the dark moss Black Sheep is spectacular. Wow! I'm starting to think I need something green...

Roger-- what a nice OR. Take that baby out of the box and give it some air!

T Jones--I don't envy your weather, but I envy your hat. Nice Nutria.

New Jack--that is awesome. I love the way you creased that Strat.

I took off for Saturday morning errands in a Playboy.
FullSizeRender-2_zpsxss32bps.jpg
Love the colour is it tawny?

javadave61

Practically Family
Wore my Akubra Stockman for a treacherous drive from Maryland to Pennsylvania. Just made it home. I figured it might be the last photo of me so I'd better look good.

11008589_10206179557949513_5883855340925286659_o.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
triple-d, g.durand, Charlie, Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments on my nutria.

My honorable mention of g.durand's Playboy. That's another hat I've been trying to get, but with absolutely no luck at all in obtaining. One of these days, hopefully.

ingineer, the brim may be a stingy in comparison to what you're used to wearing, but that Fed IV actually looks better on you than you think.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Several days ago, I asked a question in the Adventurer’s Gear Thread about a pair of leggings that my grandfather was wearing in a picture of him taken during his Army service in the Philippine Insurrection. I got some good information and was directed to a couple websites where I might find reproductions of the leggings. I started doing some searching here on the Fedora Lounge and came on a couple good threads that provided me with good information and also lead me in the direction of the Spanish American War era hat. Well, how does all this tie into the What Hat Are You Wearing thread, you ask?

Thinking about that old photo of my granddad, and looking through this thread, got me to remembering I had bought a reproduction “Spanish American War hat” many years ago. When I say many, I mean many. It was in the early 1970s when I got the hat. I used to wear that hat a lot, mostly when on hiking, camping, and hunting trips back in my younger days. I remembered I still had that old hat stored away in the attic, so I started looking. After much digging I found the hat, brushed off about 30 years of dust, spider webs, and who knows what all else, and put it back on my head. Here it is in all its well-used glory. I just might bring it back into service as my “outdoor” hat.

And the old photo of my granddad, Will Brown, Sr. (1877-1932), that got it all started. This old photo was probably the most influential thing that got me started as a life-long hat wearer way back when I was just a kid. I used to look at it this old photo in my grandmother’s old photo album and dream about what it would be like to wear a hat like my granddad had so many, many years ago.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today a 3 hat day.
Started with this 20X beaver Stetson
20150221.jpg

By lunch I switched to this white 6X beaver Resistol
20150221b.jpg

And by the afternoon I went to the Train association and took the Akubra Sombrero with me
20150221c.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love that Akubra sombrero Joao. I think I'm going to see if I can convince someone to get one of those for me as a birthday present this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82