Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hat JMS!
imoldfashioned, the glasses are not vintage. They are from a company called Scojo. I have two or three pairs. They are made well and they have a few models that are vintage looking.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
J.T.Marcus said:
My new Italian straw from Johnny's Custom Hatters in Longview, Texas. I'm no expert on straws, but at $80, am I in the ballpark?

P1040130.jpg

P1040138.jpg

P1040136.jpg

Looks good on ya, J.T.!!!!

Rick Blaine

Hoorah!

I was finaly able to wear a felt for the first time in many, many moons.
The rain was coming down, the temp down below 70, both for the first time in over five months, the wind was up & it was the perfect excuse to break this 'un out.
stst3x.jpg

stet3xprofile.jpg

gregport.jpg

It is a 3x Stetson I picked up from OFAS for less than $13 a few weeks ago, I must admit to wondering where the rest of ya'll were on this one. It is an Open Road ( or Strat, ' ceptin it is 3x) in all but name & the brim measures only 2.5". :cheers1: here's to cooler weather!

RB

DOUGLAS

Rick, that is a fantastic lid. It looks made for you.
Dman, You surely have a gift.
J.T. You look marvalous.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

Alan,I have to thank you for starting this thread.Fifty pages and still goin strong. There are so many great hats shown here, you could make a book.
Hats and the Modern Man

DOUGLAS

This will most likely be the last time I wear this Champ before it goes in for a new sweat. What a shame.
DSCN6134.jpg

DSCN6136.jpg

DSCN6138.jpg

DSCN6140.jpg

DSCN6139.jpg

Rick Blaine

Dinerman said:
That's a wonderfully filthy hat.

It is mostly rain, really. But it might benefit from a white gas dip...

J.T.Marcus said:
Rick, What is the medallion on the side of that sharp looking hat?

Why thanks for askin' Mr. J.T.
Albertawildlifepin.jpg

from Mrs. Blaines' native soil & without a doubt the most beautiful place on earth, God's Country- Alberta, Canada, (all Oil & Cattle, you Texans feel right at home there!) it is a pin from their Forestry, Land & Wildlife Committee. It serves to remind me of my destination! And, if I do say so, looks rather dashing too!

DOUGLAS said:
Rick, that is a fantastic lid. It looks made for you.
Thank YOU, sir. Considering the source, a coveted complement indeed, I am humbled.

DOUGLAS

We all have hats that we love and wear often but every once in a while we get that one hat that god has seen fit to make our own. I love it,yours looks too natural on you to have belonged to anyone else.:eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

Yeah I know what you mean. I try to wear hats that are original through out and the hat looses some allure for me when it has been altered. This one will need to be stretched to accomadate the reeding that will be necessary for a new sweat. That means the shape will be different and the thread will change etc, etc. It really annoys the $#!@ out of me. Unfortunately the biggest problem when getting a hat with a reedless sweat

AlanC

DOUGLAS said:
Alan,I have to thank you for starting this thread.Fifty pages and still goin strong. There are so many great hats shown here, you could make a book.
Hats and the Modern Man

You're certainly welcome. It is a great thread, but I started it for purely selfish reasons--I wanted to see everybody's hats!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Today I wore my recently-reshaped Akubra.

Akubra_16.png

Pardon the t-shirt :p I was doing some outdoorsy stuff earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe