Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Today I wore my denim B!Wear newsboy cap as it is now cool enough to wear a hat or cap, but still fairly warm.

Nice Iowa weather, hope we have a good fall so I can wear my wool caps and fur felt hats.

karol

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Knox Manilan Braid

DSCN6114.jpg

DSCN6131.jpg

DSCN6122.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks gents.
Dman,I don't think it is too old. I've had it for ten years or so. I've worked out all the stiffener so it is fairly pliable but I will need to replace the paper like sweat that is perferated and cracking. I guess the Seventies.

Michaelson

One Too Many
This photo's a week old, but I'm wearing a prototype 100% beaver felt fedora by Peter's Brothers....and no, my eyes aren't always glowing red....lol

IMG_1285.jpg

Regards! Michaelson

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Michaelson said:
Yes, it is. A prototype made by Joe Peters Sr.

Regards! Michaelson
I know the PBs don't seem very popular on COW anymore but i love mine! Is the experiment going well? will we have a price soon? enquiring minds want to know:)

Isn't that mustache a little darker than usual? I hope I can make it to the plymouth!:D lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my black akubra federation. I only have three hats so far so the rotation is short. I wanted to kill the feeling that it was a dress hat only so I wore it in the yard today. I was cutting up an old cypress and aluminum playset that my kids don't use anymore. After getting it covered with sawdust and aluminum bits, i then mowed the yard and got it really sweaty.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

And after a brushing, although I forgot which way I was supposed to brush.:eusa_doh:
P1010004.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, just when I think you can't surprise me, you go and do it again! I had something like that, 40 years ago. I miss that hat.

Dinerman, That Herbert Johnson looks good, right out of the box. Do you plan to keep it stock, or will you Indy-cize it?

Michaelson, Glad to see a Peters Bros. again. I discovered their shop in Fort Worth, a few months back. Did you make your purchase in person, or long distance?

Indycop, When you can brush it off like that, you know you've got quality!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J.T.Marcus said:
Dinerman, That Herbert Johnson looks good, right out of the box. Do you plan to keep it stock, or will you Indy-cize it?

I'm going to keep it stock. It'd be pretty much impossible to make it into an indy hat, anyway. The brim's only 2-1/4 inches, and the crown's low and tapered. More of a trilby really.

Michaelson

One Too Many
indycop said:
I know the PBs don't seem very popular on COW anymore but i love mine! Is the experiment going well? will we have a price soon? enquiring minds want to know:)

Isn't that mustache a little darker than usual? I hope I can make it to the plymouth!:D lol

Darker? er, uh, NO, of COURSE not!:eusa_doh: [huh] ;)

http://www.petersbros.com/INDY_CUSTOM/Default.htm

Here's the updated info on the hat, and it's been QUITE comfortable to date. Up to the usual PB quality.

I'll be waiting in the Plymouth for you.....but you REALLY need to get your eyes checked, old friend.:whistling

Regards! Michaelson

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Michaelson said:
Darker? er, uh, NO, of COURSE not!:eusa_doh: [huh] ;)

http://www.petersbros.com/INDY_CUSTOM/Default.htm

Here's the updated info on the hat, and it's been QUITE comfortable to date. Up to the usual PB quality.

I'll be waiting in the Plymouth for you.....but you REALLY need to get your eyes checked, old friend.:whistling

Regards! Michaelson
Uh, I didn't notice really! It was Fatwoul!:rolleyes: I'm going back to my gurkha maduro blend coffee! :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe