Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you on the comments of the big Stagecoach.

Today this big black old friend Stetson, sunny day so big brim and big crown!
20141130.jpg

As my brother is moving, to help him I switched to this Resistol BR Westerns with a minimal 3" brim.
20141130b.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
OK Nice Hats Everyone !
wrapping up the weekend here
Moco is sporting a Stevens Tru-Form the royalist & I a very very rarely seen Hoyt Hat Company Demon Hanover
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39%3B48%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D379567745234%3Bnu0mrj

Enjoying the rain in a good hat, Life is Good
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35666%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D37956684%3B434%3Bnu0mrj

che:cool:

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Between work, school and the holidays, I’ve been away from the forum for a while, but I have to say, great hats everyone! If I missed mentioning someone, it wasn’t intentional.

Eric, Great Derby, it suits you. I have a similar vintage Stetson derby, it’s a bit tight, but surprisingly, despite being black it isn’t too hot, even in the summer. I would guess the ventilation holes have something to do with that.

Harv, G.Durand ,Casechopper, hatsRme, Alan, T.Jones, S4C and Greg, you each had several great hats this week, too many to mention, keep up the good work!

Greg, love the caps, hats and bow ties.

S4C. I loved your office picture from last week, the derby looks great, but I have to say that I want to get a tie like the gentleman standing next to you for the next time I go to court.

Joao as always, great westerns!

Seabass, you both look great, love the background

Trevi007, nice Stetson I really like the color and large hat band. I’ve been meaning to get me a blue fedora.

Last edited:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Between work, school and the holidays, I’ve been away from the forum for a while, but I have to say, great hats everyone! If I missed mentioning someone, it wasn’t intentional.

Eric, Great Derby, it suits you. I have a similar vintage Stetson derby, it’s a bit tight, but surprisingly, despite being black it isn’t too hot, even in the summer. I would guess the ventilation holes have something to do with that.

Harv, G.Durand ,Casechopper, hatsRme, Alan, T.Jones, S4C and Greg, you each had several great hats this week, too many to mention, keep up the good work!

Greg, love the caps, hats and bow ties.

S4C. I loved your office picture from last week, the derby looks great, but I have to say that I want to get a tie like the gentleman standing next to you for the next time I go to court.

Joao as always, great westerns!

Seabass, you both look great, love the background

Trevi007, nice Stetson I really like the color and large hat band. I’ve been meaning to get me a blue fedora.

Thanks Scott! I got this hat thinking it was black, and what a surprise ...dark blue and I love it! I didn't had any blue plus they are not that common .

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A huge number of excellent hats in these days of my absence
Compliments to all the loungers for the hatted head :)
Today in a scirocco (warm wind from Africa) rainy morning I give a try to this elegant hat
View attachment 20722
It is a Flechet with classic EU proportion
View attachment 20723
The felt is very pliable and with medium hair finishing. The hat is very well made.
View attachment 20724
It is a new-old stock and, as you see, I have not removed the stitches for correct storage on the ribbon.
View attachment 20725
It takes today a new life after long years in the shelves.

Joao, somehow the 3" brim looks stingy on you. I am used to seeing you in 4" and larger. Love the hat box stack in the background. :p

Che, you and the boy look sharp! Great looking pair of hats, and overcoats! :eusa_clap

Daniele, very nice Flechet. I like the bow treatment. Great sweater, too.

Greg (NYC).....for got to mention your T-giving pic. Loved it!!!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Che - you guys are just too cool!

Daniele - the felt on that Flechet does indeed look to be super soft.

Borsalino for me, this Monday morning. Great soft felt on this one too.

smugshot_8409262-L.jpg

Extremely hip today, Sam. Rocking the beret, bud!!
Mark you have begun the season, sir. It's DECEMBER!!
A classic commencement to the week, David.
And the family-style photos of the last few days are just spectacular, Che, Greg! Almost not fair using such good-looking models.

Life is WAaaay over-scheduled these days. Wedding showers; baby shower, hat pursuits, and, oh yeah... trying to make a living!

Yesterday as I was leaving to attend the baby shower, there was a miracle! ANOTHER new arrival!! A Sunday delivery from the USPS left a box which I thought would be here today or tomorrow. So today I am wearing this Old England Hatters' (new arrival) lid. Now the tallest (and oldest?) fedora I own. More pics later in the new hats thread. I would really like to establish a manufacture date on this one.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Charlie and Alan you display hats that are really in my first category of beloved.
It is disaster (for me) not to have your sizes. I'd be willing to do follies for these hats :p

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It has finally warmed up to 1'F. Cool weather has me using a Stormy Kromer and the down hood on my warm jacket. Brrr...

i-ZbT8Ztb-S.jpg

I am am envious of the hat weather shown in your pics fellows.

Enjoying a cup of hot coffee, Eric -

GregNYC

One Too Many
Wonderful hats today, gentlemen!

Eric, that derby looks kick-@&& on you!

Charlie, that's the first time I've ever seen that upward-sloping crown in conjunction with a back-bow.

Today, this "Quiet Man" cap, which arrived from Johnnie a few minutes ago. It's already one of my favorites. Made from a Hardy Minnis country gun-check.

1fc3deac48831c1a19fcf61737020094.jpg

e1ae0f610f45805a7645c50aa5b3039c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hats over the holiday guys. I've been out of commish since my computer crashed TG day.
Meanwhile, everyone's looking super sharp.
I like the John Lennon's glasses and beret Sam.
That is one cool looking hat Charlie.
Lovely Borsa Dave, I have one on too, hope to post it this evening.
Great holiday look S4C.
Panadora and Eric, getting good use from those ear warmers.
That Boss is the boss Alan.
Great cap Greg!

Charlie and Alan you display hats that are really in my first category of beloved.
It is disaster (for me) not to have your sizes. I'd be willing to do follies for these hats :p

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Daniele, my size is a7-1/2 PUNTI, or somewhere between 7-3/4 and 7-7/8 US. Be thankful you DON'T have my size. The size, however, makes this (and any other) vintage hat (of the same size) very, VERY, VERY special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82