Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
About this Black Cherry - over the weekend I was watching TCM. The movie was Of Human Bondage - the 1934 adaptation with Leslie Howard and Bette Davis. Howard's fedora looked a dead ringer for my Black Cherry. He wore the brim down in the back, where I snap it up. Other than that, this fedora could have been in that movie. Art really does time-period accurate work.

Wow, Josh! Semi-long hair...? Is that like a "Short Boy's Regular?" Fabulous hat, perfectly "pugged!"

And, HOW on earth do you keep your desk so clean?!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - nice shade of brown.
Thanks. I think this brownie grown on me :)

Joao, that looks amazing! :cool:
Thanks.

Joao today the Stetson looks EVEN BETTER! Spectacular Lid, man!!
Thanks ;)

Continued with the brown Stetson...
20140224.jpg

A nice day today with no rain and some sunshine.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The new Akubra Homburg today. I wasn't sure about the deep dip to the front of the brim, but it's grown on me:

Yes - I've got a ribbon stitch to sort out...

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my new Stetson Premiere Stratoliner that was delivered earlier today. The tulip tree behind me is blooming, so spring must almost be here!

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Afternoon Gents! I gotta make it quick so I apologize for not having the time to comment on all the nice hats
I've seen on here today...
gear-guy, Nothing better than a nice work hat!
rclark, So that's the new Stetson Premiere Strat. I like that. The color looks really nice on that one too. I'd love to buy one but I'm between sizes and I don't think the new Stetsons come in Long Ovals (?)

For me on this nice sunny afternoon from Central Ohio I did a little more tweaking on my 4X Resistol conversion. I lowered the crown from 5 inches to 4 5/8 at the pinch to make it more proportionate to my smiling face. I also took out some of the swoop on the brim....Sorry John Galt, I keep messing around with your fine work! ;)

View attachment 10456

View attachment 10457

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Richard - fabulous ensemble. And the dipped brim looks great on you.

Josh - Very nice hat. And the desk, the desk has to go.

Rick - Is it the photo or is there a design on the ribbon? Lovely color on that one.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
And TJones, stop it with that smiling. That's the hat the sold me on a Resistol conversion. Darn nice hat.

Sorry buddy. I can't help but smile! I'm just so darn happy! :D I really like the Resistol you posted a couple pages back. That is one nice hat. The felt on the Resistol Stagecoaches are nice, and durable. Their quality is substantial. I think you're going to be real pleased with the results.

Doing some work at the shop on Saturday, and brought my lovely woman with me. While I was out in the bays, she sent me this photo from the front desk with my work hat on.

They always look better in our hats than we do, don't they?

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Richard - fabulous ensemble. And the dipped brim looks great on you.

Josh - Very nice hat. And the desk, the desk has to go.

Rick - Is it the photo or is there a design on the ribbon? Lovely color on that one.

No, its just the photo. The light must have been reflecting off of the ribbon. Its just the standard ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe