Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Practically Family
Following David, as I always do, :) today also following is choice of a Borsalino.

Alan, The rooster's crowing in the morning follow David everyday.....:)

Love the Heather...Your blue heather mix is one of my favorites on the lounge....

How many Heathers do you have? It would make a fantastic display photo.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
This linen Borsalino cap just arrived (the price was right), and while it is a summer hat, it will be 60 today so I am wearing it.

60 degrees!!! I can hardly wait for that in Cleveland. Just to cheer myself up today I ordered three summer shirts from LL Bean and a City Sport linen 8 Panel from Hats Plus.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good warmer, but still cold, afternoon Gents!
AnA, the reflanged Dobbs looks fabulous!
casechopper, love the cut down Squatter!
JHE, nothing like a linen cap for warm weather!

Today on this chilly afternoon from from Central Ohio I'm going Western again. This time it's my 7X Bradford. I lowered the crown to 4 1/2 inches at the front pinch and gave it more of a fedora styled C-crown crease. I also re-worked the brim and gave it a fedora type swoop in the front and made the cowboy curl on the sides less dramatic for more of a Western / Fedora look.

5trj.jpg

Still drying here in the pics...

View attachment 9045

View attachment 9046

View attachment 9047

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today on this chilly afternoon from from Central Ohio I'm going Western again. This time it's my 7X Bradford. I lowered the crown to 4 1/2 inches at the front pinch and gave it more of a fedora styled C-crown crease. I also re-worked the brim and gave it a fedora type swoop in the front and made the cowboy curl on the sides less dramatic for more of a Western / Fedora look.

Nice look :)

Alan, The rooster's crowing in the morning follow David everyday.....:)

Love the Heather...Your blue heather mix is one of my favorites on the lounge....

How many Heathers do you have? It would make a fantastic display photo.

Thank you!

I have a couple of heather felt hats from the 1930s, including the Dobbs Cross Country blue heather mix that you mention and a couple of post war hats including this Borsalino "misto". The earlier hats have a longhair finish going on in addition to the mottled mix to the felt. The later hats are smoothly pounced felts. I agree that it would make a nice addition to the Side By Side Comparisons thread... I'll put that on the to do list.

cheers,
Alan

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, hatophile, Harv, Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments.

Harv:
Reworked Stetson Weekender, with my best "Terry pose". :D

Twins! It's like looking in a mirror! :D Very nice Stetson Weekender buddy!

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Handsome hat to start the day with DJH. I like the color.
Dave, I love the gray of your Borsa!
David - that's a stunning Borso. Just magnificent.
Following David, as I always do, :) today also following is choice of a Borsalino.
Alan and David, you both wear those Borsos well.

Thanks guys. This Borsalino just has the nicest felt and is a delight to wear. Like several of my favorite vintage hats, this one came to me via a fellow Lounge member - Alan in this case.

Andy - the City Sport is a ncie lookinbg hat

Hatto - what colour is your OR? Very nice looking example

Sam - super Squatter

JHE - nice cap AND 60 degrees? Please send some here

AnA - fantastic Dobbs!

Alan - brilliant Borsalino.

TJ - super Bradford, looks perfect on you!

Harv - that's a nice looking Weekender

Steve - you have so many great hats, but that Brüder Böhm is up with my favorites. Amazing that it will soon be 100 years old, looks brand new!

I like the city sport cap O.G. Very classic style, looks good on you.

Always a favorite of mine Hatophile

Good looking Akubra Case. You look like you're enjoying your snow more than I did mine

Nice Borsalino cap JHE888. Also a classic style

Great Dobbs A-n-A. Glad you survived the storm.

Alan that is a classy looking Borsalino. Very distinguished

Fantastic job on that one T.J. You can never be wrong with a silverbelly color thin ribbon!

Sweet Stetson 1mach1

Remarkable velour Mayserwegener. You certainly come up with some very impressive hats.

ubaha9yq.jpg

'scuse the fuzzy phone pic.
The ice finally melted and the roads are open. I've been stuck at work since Tuesday, so I'm celebrating being home in .........what else? my Open Road. woohoo!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82